Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom ncd fibre roll out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

thesteve wrote: »
    I'm in Donabate, magnet called me and said May 20th is D Day :)

Fingers crossed this applies to Balrothery also!

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭10belowzero

The excitement is knockin me bandy , I'm just not going to sleep that's it , I'll wait - NO I can't , I want 70 meg's now , what will I do if I can't get it , don't know , but Wait, ye can wake me on the 19th , I will need fibre for brekkie !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭pg17

Up to today, all the mapped cabinets I saw in the Finglas area are old "copper" cabinets and they have a licence application notices for a VDSL cabinet attached.

Today, I saw my first Finglas VDSL cabinet with an ESB power cabinet beide a "copper" cabinet in the North Park industrial park in Finglas. It is not on the maps so I'll check out the exact location and map it in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mcobrien

Happy to say the cabinet A.Partridge mentioned on the previous page had a lot of construction work today... the first I've seen in Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

P that was a routine job ,that happened to coincide with the fibre roll out, their is only 3 cab's left in Rush to be done , 2 Golden Ridge - 1 - opp Micheal Collin's pub afaik.
    I see the cab's in Chapel Farm being commissioned early this morning , the cab's were only put in yesterday, that's how quick they are moving.

hi 10belowzero
    any news on goldenrdge starting to get a bit concerned now

• Advertisement

And so am I - there is a couple left in Rush / Lusk - they will be done - no area is let go live untill the whole area is completed.There is a hell of a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes , I hav't been up near Skerrries - but glad to hear they are started on the cab's because the fibre is there waiting.
    The roll out is amazing , the way it all co-ordinate's - it's very hard to know about tomorrow , when a call is changing to-day , like one crew pulled in a 4km section of subducting in a less than a day to a vdsl plinth location and our fibre crew had fibre cable in situ for the cab's on that route by 10.00 that night.The next day a vdsl 2 cab erected - powered 2 day's later and commissioned the day after.
    It does't all way's work like that because of planning , civil's , appeal's etc , but it is like a well oiled machine now.Part's of Finglas are really taking shape as well as Sutton and Belcamp - all are really flying now - 6 day's now with this edit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Just wondering have any others experienced this?

I registered on the eircom website as an existing customer to be notified when the upgrade was available. A few days later I got a letter with my name and address not spelled 100% correctly telling me to go to www.eircom.ie/upgradenow and follow the steps and I would get an email informing me what to do to upgrade.

Now in the letter they informed me that they included my account number for reference however the account number included was not my existing eircom account number and neither the one in the letter or my existing account worked on the website.

So I assumed all this was a mistake made by some over worked data entry clerk and basically followed the same process again. Took a lot longer 2nd time around but got another letter today, post marked yesterday. Basically all the same issues as the prior letter, in fact may have been a resend?

Just wondering if others have experienced this?

I think at this stage probably just best to wait to be upgraded automatically. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

mcobrien wrote: »
    Happy to say the cabinet A.Partridge mentioned on the previous page had a lot of construction work today... the first I've seen in Skerries.

Thanks for that. Yes, I popped over to Gerry's to buy something this morning and the full crews were kango hammering away in McLoughlin's Lane.

Hopefully, that new cabinet will be commissioned soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The excitement is knockin me bandy , I'm just not going to sleep that's it , I'll wait - NO I can't , I want 70 meg's now , what will I do if I can't get it , don't know , but Wait, ye can wake me on the 19th , I will need fibre for brekkie !!!!!

ha ha, I don't ask for much, once I hit a 20 down and at least a solid 1 up I will be a happy bunny!

I would say as the crow flies I am about 300M from the cabinet, so I know I won't get the full whack....

But anything is better than 432kbps

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Fieldog wrote: »
    432kbps

:eek:

How much are you paying for that per month if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not terribly interested in the download speed improvements myself (I'm currently on 17Mbps down which is fine for nearly everything), more the upload. I want to back up my photo collection online, that kind of thing and it's just too painful with the current upload speeds.

• Advertisement

kn are really laying in to Skerries - they were working at McLoughlin's Lane . Two location's in Skerries Rock , at the tunnel , Dublin Rd , and the cab at Dublin Rd /entrance to Selkar / Townparks serving that area.The Mooring's has a plinth done, a new vdsl2 cab is now in situ in Loughshinny , and I thought that Skerries was on the slow burner - a lot of other work is being done so Skerries is deffo now on track.

Hilly baby - I did't get out as far as the gate's of Ardgillian , there is a cab right opposite it , but I'm delighted Loughshinny is done roll on the Black Hill's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Now, if only a vdsl cab and a post box were installed in Clifflands or Lambay View, I'd be transcended to a higher plane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

[HTML]Hilly baby - I did't get out as far as the gate's of Ardgillian , there is a cab right opposite it , but I'm delighted Loughshinny is done roll on the Black Hill's.[/HTML]

Have I missed out on a post here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Got a flyer in the door about eFibre coming soon to our area (Balbriggan), no word of prices yet but Monday will show that, eh? :)

Eircom really seem to be pulling all the stops out to get this up and running as quickly as possible (I know they've taken a lot of stick over the years, but it really has to be said that once they got the ball rolling on this project they really got stuck in and seem to be doing a great job).

Dewindygap what did you miss? - there is a cab to the left of the entrance gate to Ardgillan Hse, if you have your back to the gate - it serves that whole area and a few curly looking wan's to boot,I do wander what goes on there at night - their not called the Black Hill's for nothing , I'd be worried that witchery is afoot there - I used to be ok but all this waiting has me gone dulally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

their not called the Black Hill's for nothing , I'd be worried that witchery is afoot there.

I know of one right oddball that lives up there, I can call him a f*****g weirdo, because I doubt he'll ever see this post ;)

Eircom's new E Fibre network launch's in just over an hour from now @ 11.15 am in Eircom's headquarter's at HSQ1 by An Taoiseach Enda Kenny and CEO Herb Hribar and will be available from Mon 20th May at 9.00 am.
    78 Additional new area's to be completed by June 2015 - I have seen the list all are ''rural area's'' with only one in Dublin if my memory serves me right.
    I know I am biased being an Eircom tech , but I am dammed proud of this achievement by my fellow team mate's that has been delivered mile's ahead of target's set and the endless use's and enjoyment that will result for all the people in this Great Community in N.C.D and across our Great Nation.
    No I'm not on corporate steroid's , just proud that the big day has finally arrived.
    Have heard on the grapevine that the TV service is Mind Blowing , Breath taking some one else described it as - it will be TV all HD channel's and service's as you've never experienced before.

Khannie - will you let us know how thing's are going in Skerries , cab's must be starting to pop up all over the place there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭CraigSmith_IO

Got a flyer in the door about eFibre coming soon to our area (Balbriggan), no word of prices yet but Monday will show that, eh? :)

Eircom really seem to be pulling all the stops out to get this up and running as quickly as possible (I know they've taken a lot of stick over the years, but it really has to be said that once they got the ball rolling on this project they really got stuck in and seem to be doing a great job).

Prices are the same as the respective NGB bundles, this has been known for a good month or so.

50mb, 30gb allowance - €45 p/m
    50mb, unlimited allowance - €50 p/m
    70mb, unlimited allowance - €60 p/m

All off peak bundles, add €5 for anytime.

• Advertisement

Khannie - will you let us know how thing's are going in Skerries , cab's must be starting to pop up all over the place there now.

I haven't been keeping an eye out for them. I did mean to test the line speed that the modem reports as available (as a sign that the exchange had been completed - I expect it to report the full 24Mbps). That requires some messing on my part. I'll hopefully get around to that today and report back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

Eircom's new E Fibre network launch's in just over an hour from now @ 11.15 am in Eircom's headquarter's at HSQ1 by An Taoiseach Enda Kenny and CEO Herb Hribar and will be available from Mon 20th May at 9.00 am.
    78 Additional new area's to be completed by June 2015 - I have seen the list all are ''rural area's'' with only one in Dublin if my memory serves me right.
    I know I am biased being an Eircom tech , but I am dammed proud of this achievement by my fellow team mate's that has been delivered mile's ahead of target's set and the endless use's and enjoyment that will result for all the people in this Great Community in N.C.D and across our Great Nation.
    No I'm not on corporate steroid's , just proud that the big day has finally arrived.
    Have heard on the grapevine that the TV service is Mind Blowing , Breath taking some one else described it as - it will be TV all HD channel's and service's as you've never experienced before.

Everyone knew that you could do it! When the boys set their mind to something it gets done. Just the fecking ozzies pillaging the company meant it wasn't done when it should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

This is looking good and if TV is on the list could be a serious to UPC.

Anyone know any firm dates for Sutton as the new boxes are in.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

Gavin1 wrote: »
    This is looking good and if TV is on the list could be a serious to UPC.

Anyone know any firm dates for Sutton as the new boxes are in.

Thanks

Also live in Sutton, spoke to man connecting power to box at start Sutton Park last week and he said 5 weeks from then - so hopefully only 4 weeks now.

I'm delighted Sutton/Howth exch area is so well advanced , it's been a while since I worked out there another beautiful area , that a lot of us forget is N.C.D.

Just posted by GBCULLEN over on the main broadband forum --- a copy of the entire post - tnk's GB -

its mentioned here but this bit is a bit worrying,

"Ireland Offline congratulated the current Eircom management. The group said: "The scale of their rollout, for example, on the northern fringes of Dublin/Fingal and in parts of Wicklow/Louth is very impressive and for the first time they will deliver more than adequate broadband services to many areas. We hope that other neighbouring exchanges follow quickly over the next few months."

no mention of cork etc

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013/0516/450655-eircom-launches-fibre-broadband-products/

Taken from RTE News -
    eFibre offers download speeds of up to 70Mb as well as Ireland's fastest upload speeds of up to 20Mb. The download allowance is unlimited for all products above entry level - N.C.D Boardie's heard it first Here - check when I told ye - and Wait another except - Eircom said that consumer products start at €40 and €24.79 for businesses. It said more than 300,000 consumers and businesses in Ireland can order eFibre from today.

Eircom goes live with up to 70Mbps fibre network

Eircom has gone live with the first phase of its €1.5bn fibre network which will deliver speeds up to 70Mbps to some 300,000 homes initially. By the time the network rollout is complete, it will reach more than 1.2m homes across Ireland.

Eircom is rolling out next-generation broadband systems that will bring fibre as far as the street with existing copper lines carrying the higher-speed data into the home or business via what’s known as VDSL.

The plan is to have 1m homes passed by the end of 2014 and Eircom recently revealed it is extending its coverage to 1.2m homes.

In late August or early September, Eircom will also launch its first 4G services.

At Eircom’s headquarters in Dublin this morning, Taoiseach Enda Kenny, TD, launched the new network, which Eircom calls ‘eFibre’.

eFibre will offer download speeds of up to 70Mbps and upload speeds of up to 20Mbps.

The service will start at €40 for consumers and €24.79 for businesses. Eircom will begin taking orders from customers in areas where the next-generation broadband services are available.

The company said there will be an unlimited download allowance for all eFibre products above the entry level.

Existing Eircom broadband customers who qualify will be able to upgrade for free to eFibre, which will require a new type of modem, which will come free.

“This is the first in a series of announcements that will demonstrate how Eircom is offering customers fast, reliable and competitively priced products,” said Kevin White, consumer managing director at Eircom.

“No one else can offer a triple play bundle with eFibre, home phone and eMobile, and we won’t stop there, as we move towards introducing Ireland’s first quad-play service.”

Eircom claims eFibre is the only fibre, voice and mobile triple play offering in the market today.

For home customers, bundles with unlimited off-peak local and national calls prices start at €40 for 50Mbps and 30GB usage, €45 for 50Mbps and unlimited usage and €55 for 70Mbps with unlimited usage.

Triple play packages with home phone, fibre and mobile voice and data prices start at €55 for 50Mbps with 30GB and €70 for 70Mbps with unlimited usage.

Business products start at €24.79 for 30Mbps with one static IP address, €40 for 70Mbps and eight static IP addresses and €65 with up to eight static IP addresses.

“The speed and reliability of eFibre allows businesses to work faster, more efficiently and manage their costs effectively,” said Eircom director of SME David Walsh.

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/item/32664-eircom-goes-live-with-up-to/

Thank's to ElNino for this post on the main broadband forum @ http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056555985&page=207 and don't forget the fusion map that is being updated by the minute by our fellow Boardies - https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?docid=1M_lYcvMkt7xIqqSa43TdS1s25oRqtA2JgpxAkYM#map:id=4

Khannie wrote: »
    I haven't been keeping an eye out for them. I did mean to test the line speed that the modem reports as available (as a sign that the exchange had been completed - I expect it to report the full 24Mbps). That requires some messing on my part. I'll hopefully get around to that today and report back.

Checked my line. The modem is reporting that it's capable of 22Mbps down and 1.1 up so I assume the Skerries exchange is still on the old kit.

Am I right in thinking that once the fibre is in place that I should get the full 24Mbps (even though the line will probably be capable of 60+) until efibre goes live here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

From: http://www.businesspost.ie/#!story/Home/News/A+complete+guide+to+Eircom's+new+fibre+broadband/id/19410615-5218-5194-a339-abcec8078601

FULL LIST OF LOCATIONS FOR INITIAL FIBRE BROADBAND ROLLOUT
    Note: this is the initial upgraded area list that gets to 300,000 premises - the list will expand over coming months to eventually reach 1.2 million premises.
    Dublin
    Dundrum, Priory Park, Sandyford, Ballyboden, Donabate, Palmerstown, Swords, Tallaght, Belcamp, Dun Laoghaire, Rochestown, Coolock

Advertisement