Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA

Options
  • 18-10-2012 4:00pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I've been offered a job in Winnipeg. I think I'm going to accept. Just wondering if anyone can give any any insight into;
    • where to look for renting apartments (as in what websites and what neighbourhoods).
    • Areas to avoid
    • How much should I expect for a decent 2 bedroom place?
    • Cool things to do
    • Anything similar to boards.ie but more local to WPG
    • Anything you think is interesting/important that I've not asked here?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

• where to look for renting apartments (as in what websites and what neighbourhoods). Kijiji is a good website, osbourne, st boniface, wolesley, corydon...generally south of the assiniboine river is good.
    • Areas to avoid people say the north end, kildonan, & city centre aint great either but lot of people live there too.
    • How much should I expect for a decent 2 bedroom place? anywhere between 800-1400 depending of where your staying, lots of appartments have gyms/pools etc so are more expensive.
    • Cool things to do play ice hockey?
    • Anything similar to boards.ie but more local to WPG not that i know off
    • Anything you think is interesting/important that I've not asked here?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Thanks man. Nice to have some incite before heading over. In January of all coldness!

Advertisement