Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - O2 Dublin - Friday 22nd Feb - ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options
  • 18-10-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hoping to get tickets online in the morning! :)

Do ye reckon it will sell out really fast or?? Would I be best off heading into town to buy em? (Ticketmaster, Limerick City Centre)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Looking for tickets myself. Had presale code, but was sold out when I went to use it yesterday afternoon, so demand could be high!!!

Will be on at 8 in the morning just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Ya will be on at 8 sharp myself man! Do you think you'd be pretty sure of getting tickets doing that??

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

yeah confident if looking while it goes live.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

all standing is gone already! F*** me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

Literally just got on, thought they were on sale at 9am instead. Am completely crushed that I didn't get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Id be thinking either it will end up being two nights, or there will be more released over the next couple of months. just keep an eye every now and again and standing should pop up. happens a lot.

Got stung with the 8am start myself, was convinced it was 9!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Id be thinking either it will end up being two nights, or there will be more released over the next couple of months. just keep an eye every now and again and standing should pop up. happens a lot.

Got stung with the 8am start myself, was convinced it was 9!

I personally don't expect a second gig to be announced given the fact that they played E.P this year and MCD will probably bring them back for an outdoor show next Summer (Oxegen or its replacement, Aviva, Marlay Park).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

mcd_productions
    Good Man Lads ! The Killers sold out in Dublin and Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 3 VAIO113

Up at 10 to 8 this morning..2 standing tickets!! Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Dont even like the killers. My GF does so I got 6 yesterday morning. Going with her, her sister and her sisters BF. What to do with the other 2 !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

VAIO113 wrote: »
    Up at 10 to 8 this morning..2 standing tickets!! Delighted

don't ya just love those who contribute nothing valuable to a thread while gloating.
    Saw them at Electric Picnic and they were very good, reckon they will be very good in a proper sounding theatre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

hot fuss- excellent.loved them

now my mother listens to them.
    she is 50.
    i dont listen to them any more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

hot fuss- excellent.loved them

now my mother listens to them.
    she is 50.
    i dont listen to them any more

Dunno why it matters if your mam listens to them, either you like them or you dont.

Got my tickets in the presale on Wednesday. Saw them in the o2 in 2009 and it was probably my favourite concert. Looking forward to Feburary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Peteirl

Reckon they'll release more tickets. Tried to get seated tickets and ended up with standing. I clicked every section. Normally standing sells out first. I guess watch out coming up to Christmas. I was online at 5 past 8 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sandra1969

Literally just got on, thought they were on sale at 9am instead. Am completely crushed that I didn't get one.
    Know how you feel.

Been having a look around and there's a lot of disappointed, genuine Killers fans out there. Not good.

This problem with trying to nail down tickets for high profile bands has been an ongoing problem in Ireland for years now. At the moment, it's almost an impossibility to get your hands on a ticket.

Tickets going on sale early is a problem for a lot of people who have to go to work, are elsewhere, can't get access online etc, etc..

When tickets are gone within minutes it's crushing as you say MatthewMonster.

Was talking to a lot of people today who were giving me various examples of genuine fans just not being able to get tickets, U2 at Slane in 2001 is a prime example, countless genuine U2 fans didn't get a sniff of a ticket back then (just one example).

I think the way tickets are purchased should be completely reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

It's worth checking seatwave I got tickets on there before. I need to buy tickets for The Killers myself I forgot they were onsale until I remembered later on in the day and they were sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

It's worth checking seatwave I got tickets on there before. I need to buy tickets for The Killers myself I forgot they were onsale until I remembered later on in the day and they were sold out.

Seatwave is pricey though, right? I checked them once for a Foster the People gig and the cheapest ticket I could find was double the original ticket price. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Seatwave is pricey though, right? I checked them once for a Foster the People gig and the cheapest ticket I could find was double the original ticket price. . .

I got cheaper tickets before there once and got good seats like really nice for good price when I ordered tickets from there for another concert.

sandra1969 wrote: »
    Know how you feel.

Been having a look around and there's a lot of disappointed, genuine Killers fans out there. Not good.

This problem with trying to nail down tickets for high profile bands has been an ongoing problem in Ireland for years now. At the moment, it's almost an impossibility to get your hands on a ticket.

Tickets going on sale early is a problem for a lot of people who have to go to work, are elsewhere, can't get access online etc, etc..

When tickets are gone within minutes it's crushing as you say MatthewMonster.

Was talking to a lot of people today who were giving me various examples of genuine fans just not being able to get tickets, U2 at Slane in 2001 is a prime example, countless genuine U2 fans didn't get a sniff of a ticket back then (just one example).

I think the way tickets are purchased should be completely reviewed.

I tending not to agree with the points made.

Taking the Killers gig as an example, genuine fans had loads of time to get tickets if they wanted. MCD had a presale on facebook on Wednesday and Thursday, O2 also had a presale on Wednesday and Thursday and The Killers website also had a fans presale on Wednesday so the "genuine" fans had plenty opportunity to purchase tickets.

The system is as fair as it can be. People get the chance to get tickets in advance of general release through the presales.

You mention that genuine U2 fans didn't get tickets for Slane. What could have been done to change that? Would potential tickets holders have to take an examination to determine if they are genuine?????

Look, gigs are announced and people are given notice of around a week that tickets will be released at a certain time on a certain date. If you can't be at a ticketmaster outlet or online at that time then surely you could arrange a friend/family member etc to go online for you OR use the presales in the days before general release!!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

am confused with my ticket i thought i was seating.... section ga1 number g3 186

but then further on ticket it says ground floor standing???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

am confused with my ticket i thought i was seating.... section ga1 number g3 186

but then further on ticket it says ground floor standing???

You've a standing ticket there, did you purchase a seated one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Fairly confident that they will play a second

The Killers The O2 - Dublin Dublin, Ireland Friday 2/22/2013
    The Killers O2 World Hamburg Hamburg, Germany Monday 3/4/2013

nothing else on in the 02 the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Bowlardo wrote: »

Surely been announced by now doh. Cant believe I didn't getting tickets for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

Bowlardo wrote: »

Highly unlikely that they will play another o2 date. They don't really do any of this messing about, they just announce the shows and move on. The only saving grace you might have is that quite often they will play a tiny venue the night before i.e. the academy. They tend to do it before big shows but it wouldnt surprise me; the academy in 07, some small venue in London 2011 before Hard Rock Calling, some small venue in Leeds 2012 before V festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Sale price €49. Cheapest I can find online for a pair of standing is €253, yet there is no shortage of tickets for sale. Makes me think a huge number of people have bought tickets purely to re-sell.

Hope they end up stuck with them, f**ked if I'm paying that 2.5 times the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

Bought 2 standing tickets off donedeal bout 6 weeks ago for 80 a ticket.happy enough with that price

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OK Go

Hey guys,
    If anybody has 2 (or more!) standing tickets that they're willing to sell could they please let me know. I'm a massive fan and they would be hugely appreciated.
    Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

any idea who is supporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

What time will show kick off. Need to book dinner for dub in evening and don't want to be rushing.

• Advertisement

What time will show kick off. Need to book dinner for dub in evening and don't want to be rushing.

All O2 gigs are pretty standard when it comes to times.

Doors will open at 6.30. Supports act (s) will start around 7pm with the Killers coming on stage between 9.00 and 9.15. Curfew at the O2 is 11pm.

Give yourself time for transport to the gig, ticket and security checks also!! Can take some time depending on time you arrive!!

Advertisement