Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - O2 Dublin - Friday 22nd Feb - ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CG1234

anybody have any idea who the support acts are?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

All O2 gigs are pretty standard when it comes to times.

Doors will open at 6.30. Supports act (s) will start around 7pm with the Killers coming on stage between 9.00 and 9.15. Curfew at the O2 is 11pm.

Give yourself time for transport to the gig, ticket and security checks also!! Can take some time depending on time you arrive!!

Security check is that a carry out check by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Security check is that a carry out check by any chance?

As you're approaching the entrance, they'll separate the crowd in two lines, men & women. It's just a quick "pat-down" and they'll have a look into any handbags that women have (now sometimes they might only check 70%-80% of the bags!!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Howling Bells supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

So fricking excited.
    Feels like about 18 months ago I got these tickets.....

• Advertisement

This was the setlist on the 18th, I'm like a stalker, I'm so excited!!!
    Mr. Brightside
    The Way It Was
    Smile Like You Mean It
    Spaceman
    Flesh and Bone
    (piano)
    Bling (Confession of a King)
    Miss Atomic Bomb
    Human
    For Reasons Unknown
    Somebody Told Me
    From Here On Out
    A Dustland Fairytale
    Don't Look Back in Anger
    (Oasis cover)
    Read My Mind
    Runaways
    All These Things That I've Done
    Encore:
    Crystal
    (New Order cover) (with Bernard Sumner)
    Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
    When You Were Young
    Battle Born

DH reckons they will do a U2 cover, I'm saying Thin Lizzy....not a fan of either....Enjoy all!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

More of their older stuff than their new stuff will keep me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭bren2001

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    DH reckons they will do a U2 cover, I'm saying Thin Lizzy....not a fan of either....Enjoy all!

If they do an Irish cover it will be U2. I fully expect the cover to be Moon River, Shadowplay or Don't Look Back in Anger.

My 6 year old is convinced the song is "Smile Like A Demon", I haven't the heart to tell her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

bren2001 wrote: »

If they do an Irish cover it will be U2. I fully expect the cover to be Moon River, Shadowplay or Don't Look Back in Anger.

Bitta Don't dream its over has been making a few appearances. Wouldn't expect those three. DLBIA was for Manchester and they don't really play the first two anymore. U2 would be likely

• Advertisement

From my bit of stalking, they seem to play something from the big acts in the country they are in.....perhaps Wee Daniel will be covered tonight!!! :p
    This is from Belfast:

Mr. Brightside
    The Way It Was
    Smile Like You Mean It
    Spaceman
    Flesh and Bone
    (Brandon solo piano)
    Miss Atomic Bomb
    Human
    For Reasons Unknown
    Here With Me
    Somebody Told Me
    From Here On Out
    A Dustland Fairytale
    Brown Eyed Girl
    (Van Morrison cover)
    Read My Mind
    Runaways
    When You Were Young
    Encore:
    Battle Born

Enjoy the night everyone, I'm so excited. Doing the school pickup and then hitting the road! Have fun! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

To anyone going tonight the Brew Dock (opposite Connolly station) are giving out a free pint of any Galway bay beer to anyone with a Killers ticket before/after the gig. Never had any before but the price is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ciaranf92

Incredible show in Belfast last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 violator

ciaranf92 wrote: »
    Incredible show in Belfast last night.

They're Staying in the 4 seasons ballsbridge if anyone interested in meeting them . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Well what did people think?

Last time I saw them was in Marlay Park in 2008 & was so disappointed so I didn't know what to expect last night.
    So glad I went though! Loved the gig, so many great songs & he wasn't too bad at With Or Without You either!

Apart from the eejits who started fighting it was a great night & I'll definitely be going to see them again next time.

I loooooved them!! My voice has followed my sanity and disappeared! They were amazing. Way more polished than last time we saw them in the O2 in 09. Good old Ronnie gave it loads! I almost forgive them for the U2 number ;) Brilliant night x

Just for the sake of it!!!!

Last night in Dublin -

Mr. Brightside
    The Way It Was
    Smile Like You Mean It
    Spaceman
    Prize Fighter
    (Brandon solo piano)
    Miss Atomic Bomb
    Human
    Somebody Told Me
    Flesh and Bone
    For Reasons Unknown
    From Here On Out
    A Dustland Fairytale
    With or Without You
    (U2 cover)
    Read My Mind
    Runaways
    Encore:
    When You Were Young
    Battle Born

I thought battle born was a strange finale

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭airbusa320

The whole show was amazing, what a way to start with Mr Briteside with all the house light on. Fireworks and laser added to a very special:) gig and I thought battle born was a great ending to a great gig

airbusa320 wrote: »
    The whole show was amazing, what a way to start with Mr Briteside with all the house light on. Fireworks and laser added to a very special:) gig and I thought battle born was a great ending to a great gig

Great gig alright, I was wondering was there something wrong at the start.

I love battle born (the song and the album) but finishing a concert with a new album track was a very strange choice. Some concert. Pace didn't let up at all apart from that, non stop the whole way. He's turning into one hell of a frontman imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

I think that serving alcohol during the gig was a bad idea.

There were loads of muppets, drunk, screaming and falling around as well as constantly trying to get out of their seats and disrupt others to go to the bar.

Surely people could spend less than two hours at a concert and have a drink before and afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

sparksfly wrote: »
    I think that serving alcohol during the gig was a bad idea.

There were loads of muppets, drunk, screaming and falling around as well as constantly trying to get out of their seats and disrupt others to go to the bar.

Surely people could spend less than two hours at a concert and have a drink before and afterwards.

I totally agree. It really annoys me when people are hammered at a gig, never mind leaving every few songs to go get more drinks. Yeah they're having great craic but the people around them aren't. Drink before & if you're twisted you're not getting in and then once the gig is over, off you go.

Rant over (sorry!) but I totally agree drink should be banned.

There was a very old lady sitting beside us, she was late 80s if she was a day. I swear, whoever she was, she had THE night of her life. When Mr Brightside came on she absolutely freaked out and she gave it all she had until the lovely BF went off stage. Hope I can give it Hell when I get to my 40s never mind her age!

My voice is on the way back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

good was gig not great i did enjoy it, they had sound problem for first few songs, they seemed to fixed it 3 songs into it. we were beside sound desk and for first few songs the sound guy was a busy man communicating with the band trying to sort it.

wasnt a stand out show but we did enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

good was gig not great i did enjoy it, they had sound problem for first few songs, they seemed to fixed it 3 songs into it. we were beside sound desk and for first few songs the sound guy was a busy man communicating with the band trying to sort it.

wasnt a stand out show but we did enjoy it

Janey, you are a hard one to please. I thought it was a fantastic gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Amazing gig start to finish. Everything was spot on and the band were really up for it. Brandon was brilliant as usual, super frontman.

Really enjoyed Battle Born as the final song. Didn't expect it and it was a great way to round it off. Stage show was also epic throughout!!!

Top top gig!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    There was a very old lady sitting beside us, she was late 80s if she was a day. I swear, whoever she was, she had THE night of her life. When Mr Brightside came on she absolutely freaked out and she gave it all she had until the lovely BF went off stage. Hope I can give it Hell when I get to my 40s never mind her age!

My voice is on the way back :)

This made me smile

EDIT: Like I mean it

sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

My first time seeing them live and I loved them.
    Really enjoyed the gig and hope I get to see them again soon!

Amazing gig start to finish. Everything was spot on and the band were really up for it. Brandon was brilliant as usual, super frontman.

Really enjoyed Battle Born as the final song. Didn't expect it and it was a great way to round it off. Stage show was also epic throughout!!!

Top top gig!!

Must've been all the plebs around me leaving during it that ruined it for me!!

Can't understand all the people that left during the last song, ooh you saved yourself three minutes, well done!

• Advertisement

Can't understand all the people that left during the last song, ooh you saved yourself three minutes, well done![/QUOTE]

They must have been queueing to get out of the damn carpark, it took us until midnight to exit. I was the backseat driver :P

Advertisement