Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 32), Oct 19, 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I want lots of goals at the Cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Hopefully the League Champions continue to push for a great finish to the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No match this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Cork should win, but hate to think we will ruin our fine run of draws this season.:o

I go 2-0 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any idea what price Cork HT/Dundalk FT is?

CSF wrote: »

75/1 with PP

Might get more on exchanges if you have account with one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Hes no P Milly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

and the FD playoff *Cough!*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dreamers75 wrote: »

is he wearing tights?

and the FD playoff *Cough!*

Who is in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Feels like a whole off-season since my last Bohs game (vs Cork, 21st September) so looking forward to tomorrow.

Should be a good footballing game

Who is in it?

Not ye when ye mess up the cup final

now look what you made me do :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Feels like a whole off-season since my last Bohs game (vs Cork, 21st September) so looking forward to tomorrow.

Should be a good footballing game

Cant beat the Carlisle grounds for an away day. Few tins on the Dart and a blowie on Bray Head (hence the name).

Omackeral wrote: »
    Cant beat the Carlisle grounds for an away day. Few tins on the Dart and a blowie on Bray Head (hence the name).
    Ye Dubs have it easy. I suppose we have time for more tins though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

CSF wrote: »
    Should be 10000000/1! We are bad at the best of times but this evening nearly all of our first team are missing through injury. No Foran, no Mountney, no Shanahan, no Griffin and no Liam Burns. Those five have probably been our only decent performers all season. No McDonnell, Walsh or O'Brien either.

I actually think this could end up 5 or 6-0 in Cork's favour. A defence without Foran and Burns mean we're absolutely goosed. Cork (-1) @ nearly evens is cert I reckon.

Anyway it's all about the playoff for us now. As long as we have most of those players back I'd be quietly confident of maintaining our premier league status. Will be absolutely nerve-wracking though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Cup Final warmup game at the Brandywell tonight.

Fancy a draw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

First time in Tallaght stadium tonight. Still a slim chance of moving up a place or two if we win tonight. But I'm expecting Twigg to get at least one goal and Rovers to win pretty comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭lavine7

Make or break for Longford in the playoff. Hard to see much of a future in the first division with only 7 teams in it next year (pending additional clubs gaining entry and equally the risk of losing some). First leg in Flancare tomorrow night, would be nice to take something to Waterford for next week although we seem to have better luck in away fixtures!

• Advertisement

lavine7 wrote: »
    Make or break for Longford in the playoff. Hard to see much of a future in the first division with only 7 teams in it next year (pending additional clubs gaining entry and equally the risk of losing some). First leg in Flancare tomorrow night, would be nice to take something to Waterford for next week although we seem to have better luck in away fixtures!

Need to stop McGuire running riot like he did in the RSC a few weeks ago.

Biggest game in years, roll on tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Boring, a matchday without Shels :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Sligo Rovers ‏@sligorovers
    Team: Brush, Henderson, Gaynor, Peers, McGuinness, Cretaro, Ndo, Cawley, Lynch, Connolly, Buchanan

Looks like we're giving Drogs a chance with that line up

Sligo Rovers ‏@sligorovers
    Team: Brush, Henderson, Gaynor, Peers, McGuinness, Cretaro, Ndo, Cawley, Lynch, Connolly, Buchanan

Looks like we're giving Drogs a chance with that line up

Decent support you have down there, a bit of smoke and stuff :D

Cork City 2 nil up already.

Bloody typical that couldn't go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Boring, a matchday without Shels :(
    In fairness that's one of the adjectives that some people use to describe a matchday with Shels.

born2bwild wrote: »
    In fairness that's one of the adjectives that some people use to describe a matchday with Shels.

Shels supporters or the opposition? ;)

Fair play to Drogheda.

2-1 down to 10 men.

Great finish.

Fair play to Drogheda indeed, welcome to Europe :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Shels supporters or the opposition? ;)
    Frequently both. I haven't personally been bored very much but then I'd watch two dogs fighting over a football.

Balls

Derry City 2 - 1 St Pats

But we are still underdogs for the final ok?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Derry City 2 - 1 St Pats

But we are still underdogs for the final ok?

Have you heard about pats and the cup?

Would have liked 2nd tho :(

Nice win at the Cross. Dundalk not up to much though.

Dundalk not up to much though.

father-ted-careful-now-001.jpg

Pighead .......is ........scary!!!!

• Advertisement

Well I was right about Twigg getting at least one but it was anything but a comfortable win. Deserved at least a point but Tuite was determined to make sure Rovers got the 3 points. Unbelievable that he only gave Jansson a yellow for taking down McMillan when he was clean through. Jansson then went on to make a fantastic save with 5 minutes left. He also missed a handball in the box from a free kick.
    Really going to miss Dave McMillan next season. He's now scored 7 in just 14 appearances. His goal today was absolute quality. Hopefully he gets a few against Shels next week to sign off in style.

Well I was right about Twigg getting at least one but it was anything but a comfortable win. Deserved at least a point but Tuite was determined to make sure Rovers got the 3 points. Unbelievable that he only gave Jansson a yellow for taking down McMillan when he was clean through. Jansson then went on to make a fantastic save with 5 minutes left. He also missed a handball in the box from a free kick.
    Really going to miss Dave McMillan next season. He's now scored 7 in just 14 appearances. His goal today was absolute quality. Hopefully he gets a few against Shels next week to sign off in style.

Where is he off too? Meant to go to Australia earlier this year afaik.

Mahon called him inspector gadget and not in a nice way :o

Nice win at the Cross. Dundalk not up to much though.

No surprise at the result. For me though the more positive thing was the attendance.

2,800 odd at the game.

Only a few years ago a meaningless end of season game like that would have only drawn a few 100. Shows how much the club has established itself.

Great to see.

Maybe in 10 years time we will be getting 4 an 5 thousand every game. With the current structures its not just about short term goals but about the long term. It's the kind of thinking that has been lacking in Cork soccer since day 1.

No surprise at the result. For me though the more positive thing was the attendance.

2,800 odd at the game.

Only a few years ago a meaningless end of season game like that would have only drawn a few 100. Shows how much the club has established itself.

Great to see.

Maybe in 10 years time we will be getting 4 an 5 thousand every game. With the current structures its not just about short term goals but about the long term. It's the kind of thinking that has been lacking in Cork soccer since day 1.

2800 is impressive, would love that at a home game :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

79 goals in 89 games that He has now, 20 goals a season. Wheeling back the years with the take and finish for the first goal.

• Advertisement

Drogheda supporters were deadly. Terrible game though.

Its great losing and not caring in the slightest.

Back to winning ways against the minnows next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Drogheda supporters were deadly.

Great to see so many young lads singing and jumping about!

Good performance by Derry last night, and sets it up nicely for the final as we know that Pats are a strong side.

Both sides played good football and went for the win. Roll on 4th Nov.

Where is he off too? Meant to go to Australia earlier this year afaik.
    He was in Australia for a good chunk of the season but came back to do a semester in college. No idea if he's going back to Australia or if he's staying in Ireland but he won't be at UCD next season anyway.
    I seriously think we'd be in the playoff instead of Dundalk had he not been around. Our great run over the last 10 games or so coincided with him coming into form.

2,800 odd at the game.

Great to see.

I say bar 98/99 and 2005 this has been our best attendances for season.

Hopefully it will improve next year and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Great atmosphere in HD park last night. The Drogs fans had a group of Trabzonspor fans in with them. It was the Turks who lead the conga:D

I think the Sligo fans were doing the conga as well. Mick Cooke was like the pied piper when he went over to congratulate the Sligo fans and all the Drogs fans followed him to have the impromptu singing love in. :D

I wonder how much the FAI will fine us for the pitch invasion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Deadly Buzz in Utd pk last night . We battered them in the first half and should have had at least 3 goals ! Poxy decision by the ref to send fabio off .... Ruined the game tbh . Oh well Europe here we come ... Great great season .. Delighted ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bohs fans in Bray last night....

''Katie is an Athiest, whoa whoa whoa''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Drogheda supporters were deadly. Terrible game though.

Its great losing and not caring in the slightest.

Back to winning ways against the minnows next week.

probably looked a bit better through the claret and blue tinted specs, but it was one of the better games i've seen this season. the young drogs fans were great alright. actually got the rest of us going for a change :o

anyway, well done Sligo. worthy champions.

Waterford take a big step to a showdown with Dundalk.

0-2 at the Flansiro tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement