Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair cost for Samsung LCD TV [TOO HIGH!!!]

Options
  • 18-10-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Our TV recently broke. We have sound but no picture.
    We took the TV to a local repair shop and they have diagnosed the problem, we need a replacement inverter.

The price we were quoted was €150!
    I can get a new Samsung 32inch on eBay for €299!!

I have Googled inverters and the price I am seeing is for around €15 - €20.
    I just dont think it's good value to spend that much on a repair, if I can get a whole new TV. I was expecting more like €30 - €50. Seems expensive.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Cheers,

J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dubheart

HI yes we have exactly the same problem - and the solution identified - a new inverter board.
    Google tells you how to replace them etc - and I agree with you on price - any ideas where in Dublin/Ireland/ebay you can get the right "inverter board"
    regards
    Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Doesn't necessarily mean the inverter for the back-light. Could be the PSU board !?

If you source the genuine inverter from the set manufacturer it will be considerably more that 20 euro. For example the inverter for an LG 32" set from LG is about 82 euro plus VAT. Not everything you see on eBay is genuine or meets safety standards. It's cheap for a reason !

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dubheart

thanks Ken - helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You're welcome ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭jusmeig

Thanks for the replies guys.
    What I really don't get is how a repair is ever a viable option given the price of a new unit?

Can get a 32 inch LCD in power city for €260
    With this I will get a new warranty etc, and the old TV removed.

It would never make sense to repair the TV, given that I don't get a warranty and another part could go the next week.
    So i'll take your advice Ken and not go buying a part on eBay....you are correct...it may not be this at all!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement