Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supermarket near pearse street

Options
  • 18-10-2012 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have just moved to Dublin from Scotland, I am working near Pearce street and was wondering if there are any supermarkets close by, preferably one with a butcher's, deli, cafe etc

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

As far as I know Grafton St might be your best bet with Marks & Spencer on it. Or there is a Tesco on Baggot St

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

I have just moved to Dublin from Scotland, I am working near Pearce street and was wondering if there are any supermarkets close by, preferably one with a butcher's, deli, cafe etc

Thanks

There is a posh supermarket called fresh in grand canal docks, which is just off pearse street. It has a deli etc. Then at the other end of pearse street, the temple bar end, you have all the usual ones. Tesco, aldi, dunnes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Fresh is on Grand Canal Dock (just off Pearse St) and has a deli, butchers and a cafe. It is really overpriced though and would be quite expensive for day-to-day groceries. You're probably best heading into town where there's an M&S on Grafton Street or a Dunnes in Stephen's Green SC. There's also a Tesco on Lower and Upper Baggot Street, neither of which are much good although the one on Upper Baggot Street is marginally better. Fresh do really good coffee and sambos etc as does the little Italian place on the corner so you won't be stuck for nice little places to sit down and chill with a good coffee and a weekend paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

teesco on fleet street isnt too far away

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

teesco on fleet street isnt too far away

Ive always wondered why sainsburys havent come over to ireland. Its slightly more upmarket than tesco but still affordable. I think they would do really well here.

• Advertisement

liffeylite wrote: »
    Ive always wondered why sainsburys havent come over to ireland. Its slightly more upmarket than tesco but still affordable. I think they would do really well here.

yeah i emailed them years ago about taking over the iceland sites

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

There is a Supervalu also on Aston Quay, straight down Westmoreland street and to the left. It's good for everyday, by no means big.

There is a Supervalu also on Aston Quay, straight down Westmoreland street and to the left. It's good for everyday, by no means big.

and supervalu meat and veg are superior to tesco. its the sainsburys you are looking for op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

There is a large Spar behind Pearse st at Hanover st.(and on Barrow st!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hanover street would be my bet also, pearse street is pretty long though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Tesco Express moving into the Trinity Central building (next to new Pearse Station entrance).

http://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/tesco-is-moving-to-trinity-central-on-a-long-lease-30802645.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭donaghs

Tesco on Baggot Street near the Merrion Hotel is a handy place with normal supermarket prices (e.g. not a rip-off like Spar). But for Deli and Cafe you'd be looking at Fresh on Grand Canal or M&S on Grafton St. BTW there's a Dunness Store supermarket in the basement of the Stephens Green Centre at the top of GRafton St.

Advertisement