Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Night life?

Options
  • 18-10-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

A friend and I are thinking of a night away after Christmas and Naas is a possibility. We are thinking the Osprey or Lawlors for accomodation. What are the restaurants and nightlife like in the town these days? We are late 30's, early 40's but we want a bit of craic and music in the evening. I used live in the area 20 yrs ago and then it was the 5 Lamps and Ambassador lol What is the club in Time like, very young crowd? Any suggestions folks? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭markoire

Jessiegirl wrote: »
    A friend and I are thinking of a night away after Christmas and Naas is a possibility. We are thinking the Osprey or Lawlors for accomodation. What are the restaurants and nightlife like in the town these days? We are late 30's, early 40's but we want a bit of craic and music in the evening. I used live in the area 20 yrs ago and then it was the 5 Lamps and Ambassador lol What is the club in Time like, very young crowd? Any suggestions folks? :)

Probabaly best to avoid Time Id say!! The Court always has a good mix of people in it as does McCormacks, Lawlers and Haydens. For food IL FICO and Tenors/Trax are all really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Jessiegirl

Thanks Markoire, we may go elsewhere but it's one option at moment, just hear it's not great at night but we probably wouldn't notice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

I stayed in osprey recently with my two sisters who live down the country, the hotel was very comfortable. We did a spa day on the saturday in the osprey and had dinner in hotel that evening as part of the deal we got. For night time entertainment we went to Haydens and The Court, very good mixed crowd of all ages with very little hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

The Court is a definite for a one of night out like this. I find a lot of the hotels overpriced and would highly recommend Avondale B&B on the Dublin Road. Its right at the lights of the Dublin Road and Blessington road so walking distance to the town. 2 minutes to Il Fico and another couple of minutes up town to Haydens, then on to McCormacks and the Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lawlors definitely for accom.
    trax for food
    Lawlors usually have music at weekend
    Court for bar music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Will Be trying out some of the recommendations here tonight. Thanks.

(edit - €15 into the court? Are they mad? There was 5 of us out last night and we walked away......that's a crazy price. We'll go before 11 the next day for a looksee).

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭markoire

budhabob wrote: »
    Will Be trying out some of the recommendations here tonight. Thanks.

(edit - €15 into the court? Are they mad? There was 5 of us out last night and we walked away......that's a crazy price. We'll go before 11 the next day for a looksee).

On the Sunday before Halloween there was a queue from abot 9.45 pm to get in to the Court free before 11. The hateful bouncers completely delayed the queue until just after 11 to make sure everybody had to pay the ridiculous sum of 15 euro. While the Court is IMO the best place for a night out at the moment I just wish somewhere else would open up and give them some competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I haven't been in it yet.I'll be sure to get there before 11.

Advertisement