Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 Bore Cartridge Prices

• 18-10-2012 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hows the form lads?
    Been signed up here with a few months now but have never really got the hang of posting etc til recently. After following a good few threads here and noticing the genuineness of all the members on here Ive decided to make my first thread !

With the season fast approaching its about time I bought up my cartridges for the coming few months.I'm an avid 20 bore user and fan in every way shape and form except when it comes to cartridge prices !? Some rfds quoting as much as 11.50 per box.

So I'm asking is there any other 20 bore men out there getting their cartridges at a reasonable price and who from.Any info on the matter at all would be welcomed !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭cubbyleader

My father gets them for 7.50 a box of eley grand prix 6 and around the same for 5s in Patrick carleys in wexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Yea, shop around. I've been charged everywhere between €10 and €5.50 a box for competition loads. With those sort of savings to be made it's worth ringing around and bulk buying from the cheapest dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Historically 20 bore cartridges have always cost more than 12 bore cartridges.
    Why ? For every 20 bore sold possibly 100 12 bores are sold. So there are shorter production runs and consequently higher production costs.

Buying your cartridges by the slab[250] usually saves a bit of money.

Lucky you dont shoot a 16 bore,the price of these would soften your cough !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Sika98k wrote: »
    Lucky you dont shoot a 16 bore,the price of these would soften your cough !

I fired a shot from an 8 bore once. It cost me £3.50:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

25 box of No. 4 for €5
    25 box of No. 7 or 7 1/2 not sure which but for €5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭nowwerehurlin

Thanks for the replies lads. Did a bit if shopping around alright and the cheapest ive had is about 70 per slab .. Good saving alright but by the time i travel from cork to tipp to collect them and back the money id save would be spent on petrol ! Is it possible for couriers to carry amunition these days ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Thanks for the replies lads. Did a bit if shopping around alright and the cheapest ive had is about 70 per slab .. Good saving alright but by the time i travel from cork to tipp to collect them and back the money id save would be spent on petrol ! Is it possible for couriers to carry amunition these days ?

Ya no problem with couriers, usually about 10 euro delivery, well worth it

Advertisement