Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

apple TV

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 20 eddiethornton

How much is air parrot and how do you install it? My iPhone has no USB port or cd rom system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

I don't know what the story is with putting links up these days so just google it and you'll find out, but...
    My iPhone has no USB port or cd rom system

Come again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

They have a 8mb connection, so I reckon that should be fast enough.

I clicked that link and it have me the Top 100. Is there more movies than this to rent?

I can't access the movie rental itself. Thanks again.

8mb will be fine, mine works fine for HD films on 7.8mb, but when it dropped to 4.5mb (noise on the line), it stalled every few minutes.

There are more movies to rent - you can search on the ATV itself, or in the iTunes store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

Thanks for that.

I just ordered the Apple TV for a present for someone. How does Apple TV compare to Sky on Demand, as the folks its for have a full sky subscription. I can still cancel the Apple TV as it was only ordered last night. But then I don't have a clue what to get them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

Thanks for that.

I just ordered the Apple TV for a present for someone. How does Apple TV compare to Sky on Demand, as the folks its for have a full sky subscription. I can still cancel the Apple TV as it was only ordered last night. But then I don't have a clue what to get them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

im seriously considering getting an ATV for home.

I just need to get that final push!
    Is the ATV3 due an upgrade or anything anytime soon?
    Dont want to buy ATV3 then the following month ATV4 comes out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

ATV3 came out in March, so it's possible that a new one will be released in March next year. I haven't read any reports online about it, though. Most of the focus seems to be on the rumoured TV set from Apple, but that still seems to be a long way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

I get most of the benefits of apple tv and air play but can someone tell me if I'd be able to download a movie from torr ent site and then use apple tv/airplay to play it on the tv?
    Without having to connect laptop to tv with hdmi?
    Or can i just have torr ent on the tv and do it that way?

You can get an app called Air Video, which can stream videos from a computer to your iPhone/whatever, and then use AirPlay to send it to the Apple TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

carrotcake wrote: »
    You can get an app called Air Video, which can stream videos from a computer to your iPhone/whatever, and then use AirPlay to send it to the Apple TV.

Thanks, any loss in quality?

If there is, then I haven't noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

M three wrote: »
    I get most of the benefits of apple tv and air play but can someone tell me if I'd be able to download a movie from torr ent site and then use apple tv/airplay to play it on the tv?
    Without having to connect laptop to tv with hdmi?
    Or can i just have torr ent on the tv and do it that way?

You can download it in MP4 format and add it to Itunes, then play it direct to the tv with the Apple TV

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I have Skygo on my Ipad, tried to watch it on the TV via an adapter but wouldn't work.
    Would the Apple TV be a way of getting round this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Techless wrote: »
    I have Skygo on my Ipad, tried to watch it on the TV via an adapter but wouldn't work.

I couldn't find a way round this problem :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Techless wrote: »

Nope SKY have this blocked you will get sound & no picture with Apple TV. The only real flaw with Sky GO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I just got the ATV
    Are you saying that its no use since I won't be able to mirror sky Go ? :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I just got the ATV
    Are you saying that its no use since I won't be able to mirror sky Go ? :-(

Its got plenty of uses, but mirroring sky go isnt one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I streamed TV from the RTE Player to my Apple TV yesterday for the first time and it worked really well.

Kids also love the AirPlay feature too when they're playing games, drawing on the iPad etc.

Netflix on Apple TV is the best I've seen. Better than the implementations I've seen on Mac/PC/WDTV/Smart TV. Great quality right from the start and nice tidy interface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

muff03 wrote: »
    no, airparrot is for the laptop (windows and Mac), if you want to mirror from iPhone it has to be a 4S or higher, and an iPad from iPad 2 and up, and it's built into the OS from iOS 5. Double click the home button, slide from left to right and you should see the mirroring button (obv the ATV is on!)
    By the way - on a Mac, you can stream what's on screen to an Apple TV without a 3rd party app.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Just read there if i jailbreak my device it should work :-) or try and get an earlier version of the app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

JDxtra wrote: »
    By the way - on a Mac, you can stream what's on screen to an Apple TV without a 3rd party app.

With the newer macs you can, yes. That's for those who don't have AirPlay, I assumed anyone who has it would know better.
    Just read there if i jailbreak my device it should work :-) or try and get an earlier version of the app

If its the ATV3, and you'll know if it's 1080p, then you won't be jail breaking anytime soon. Even with the sites saying it's close I wouldn't be waiting on it, they've been saying it's close with a while. Hopefully this time they're right.

Advertisement