Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The XX - Olympia Theatre - Dec 7th & 8th *Discussion ONLY - NO Ticket Sales/Requests*

Options
  • 18-10-2012 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭

. The UK trio play the Olympia Theatre on Friday 7th and Saturday 8th December, with no more dates dues to be added (we’re told). Tickets €29.50 standing/€37.50 seated (inc. booking fee) go on sale on Monday 22nd October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bundaegi

On sale Mon 22/10/12 09:00

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the ticket info was announced this afternoon :confused:
    . The UK trio play the Olympia Theatre on Friday 7th and Saturday 8th December, with no more dates dues to be added (we’re told). Tickets €29.50 standing/€37.50 seated (inc. booking fee) go on sale on Monday 22nd October.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

These guys were probably my highlight of EP - and even though going to see a band twice in one year goes somewhat against the grain given the number of gigs I actually get to go to these days, I think I'll have to go to this.

Slight spanner in the works is it's in the run-up to Christmas - office party on the 7 Dec so that's already out and I'm sure someone's going to suggest a 12 Pubs or something for the 8th...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Definitely going to this, they were unbelievable at EP and I need more! Hopefully tickets for the Saturday night will be got handy enough first thing Monday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

How quickly do people think this will sell out? Looking for tickets for Saturday, but I'm not sure if I can be online for 9 am, probably be 10 am or after it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Probably won't sell out that quick but the saturday night standing tickets will be the first thing to go.

standing gone for both nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭KatiexKOUTURE--

Got 2 standing tickets for Saturday. Couldn't be happier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Just checked ticketmaster.
    For Friday there are only upper circle.
    For Saturday no tickets currently on sale - does this mean sold out?

Edit: both days are sold out now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Damn missed out on both nights!!!

They went fast!

• Advertisement

Got two standing for Saturday night, can not wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

Completely SOLD OUT - bummer! I have a few friends who were holding out until pay day to buy them. Ah well.

http://musicscene.ie/2012/10/the-xx-sell-out-two-nights-at-the-olympia-theatre-in-dublin/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

im absolutely snappin i didnt manage to get tickets,iv been a fan since 2009 and have been waiting to see them for a good while now,i didnt go to EP to see them because i wanted to see them on their own in a venue and then i only found out the morning the tickets went on sale!! im livid!!!!!

Mmoths supporting:

http://www.facebook.com/mmoths/posts/457291337641558
    Mmoths · 11,784 like this.
    20 minutes ago ·
    more than happy to announce that'll i'll be supporting The xx for their two dublin dates in the olympia this weekend with the full live band. hope to see you guys there x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

really looking forward to this tomorrow night, their second album is really growing on me ever since their brilliant performance at EP.
    For those going tonight it would be nice to hear how it went.

really good gig , one the best iv been at

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

yep, gotta admit I was well impressed. The type of venue suited them down to the ground. Great atmosphere too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Great gig. Really enjoyed the whole thing. The light show was amazing and Jamie XX fairly rocked it. Must say though, we went the Saturday night and were right down in the middle of the standing area and the level of chatter through the gig was a tiny bit annoying. It'd come to a quiet part of a song and all I'd hear is a guy behind me rabbiting on about his band or the girls near complaining about one of their other friends and all this talk seemed to be bouncing around the room so there was just a constant background of chatter and it never gave up during the whole gig. I'd understand if we were standing near the back but we had moved right into the middle. Maybe it's just Saturday gigs or maybe I'm just getting old. I don't know…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Great gig. Really enjoyed the whole thing. The light show was amazing and Jamie XX fairly rocked it. Must say though, we went the Saturday night and were right down in the middle of the standing area and the level of chatter through the gig was a tiny bit annoying. It'd come to a quiet part of a song and all I'd hear is a guy behind me rabbiting on about his band or the girls near complaining about one of their other friends and all this talk seemed to be bouncing around the room so there was just a constant background of chatter and it never gave up during the whole gig. I'd understand if we were standing near the back but we had moved right into the middle. Maybe it's just Saturday gigs or maybe I'm just getting old. I don't know…

First of all, I actually feel a little sick that I missed this gig. You're all very lucky, and I would have thought especially so since it was in the Olympia because I thought there was no way that what happened at tripod in '09 (I think) would happen there.

It was exactly like what you say, people just would not shut the f*ck up.
    Talking through it, paying no heed whatsoever. I cannot understand why you'd pay for a ticket to go and see them if you're just going to talk through it. I could have had one of those tickets :mad:

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it and really sorry to hear that people talked over them. It's just a complete lack of respect for the artists. I really hope Ireland isn't the only place it happens.

sin0city wrote: »

First of all, I actually feel a little sick that I missed this gig. You're all very lucky, and I would have thought especially so since it was in the Olympia because I thought there was no way that what happened at tripod in '09 (I think) would happen there.

It was exactly like what you say, people just would not shut the f*ck up.
    Talking through it, paying no heed whatsoever. I cannot understand why you'd pay for a ticket to go and see them if you're just going to talk through it. I could have had one of those tickets :mad:

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it and really sorry to hear that people talked over them. It's just a complete lack of respect for the artists. I really hope Ireland isn't the only place it happens.

There was about ten people around me and they would not shut the **** up from start to finish, screaming at eachother and not interested one bit in the gig, except for of course when Oliver mentioned Dublin, then team **** all turned to the stage and put their arms in the air while squealing like demented banshees.

The XX were unreal but these pricks really put a dampener on the night, go to the pub and chat for ****s sake. Couldn't get away from them either as I'm 6 foot 3 and I didn't wanna go stand in front of someone who was actually enjoying the gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 pk88

I feel your pain mutley18 I was stood on front of a group of girls that would not shut up!! Really really annoying!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Do you not just tell them to shut the f*ck up? I've done it at a few gigs, sometimes works, sometimes not but at least i feel better having done it rather than just seething with rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Do you not just tell them to shut the f*ck up? I've done it at a few gigs, sometimes works, sometimes not but at least i feel better having done it rather than just seething with rage.

I've done it before at gigs but it was pretty widespread throughout the XX gig. And to be honest it was more of a mild irritant than a full rage inducing distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Could be an interesting away day to see the xx next year. They're going to curate three mini-festivals in Lisbon, Berlin and London.

http://pitchfork.com/news/48886-the-xx-to-curate-festival-series/

well if the Olympia talking was bad, god knows what the O2 will be like.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1084677&l=0786b9ccd2&id=105573899519322
    The xx announce their return to Ireland next June, playing The o2 Wednesday 26th June. Tickets €32.50 standing / €36.50 seated (inc. booking fee) available from Ticketmaster Ireland and usual outlets. Our Facebook Pre Sale starts from 11am. Just click the Pre Sale Tab under the cover photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

They will hardly sell the O2 out right away will they? They were amazing at EP and I missed them in the Olympia but I really cant afford a ticket until after Christmas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I wonder if the stage show will be much bigger for an arena tour. It'll be cool anyway.

They will hardly sell the O2 out right away will they? They were amazing at EP and I missed them in the Olympia but I really cant afford a ticket until after Christmas...

i see they're playing the Waterfornt Hall in Belfast the night before too, so i'd imagine between that, and the fact they're announcing it so close to Xmas at short notice, it shouldn't sell out.

honestly couldnt imagine the xx in the o2, im a big fan but i didnt think they were big enough to play such a big venue, dont get me wrong im delighted :) so glad i saw them in tripod, its so weird , going from tripod to a place like the o2 im the space of like 3 years is such an achievement

• Advertisement

i dont think they'll sell the o2 out either

Advertisement