Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The XX - Olympia Theatre - Dec 7th & 8th *Discussion ONLY - NO Ticket Sales/Requests*

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Probably not but it's still gonna be packed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Really suprised to hear that. The 02 just seems wrong.
    Especially when they've just announced the intimate Day and Night gigs.
    $$$?

Got my tickets anyway, hate buying tickets online.
    sin0city wrote: »
    Really suprised to hear that. The 02 just seems wrong.

They've played main stages/headlined festivals for the last two years though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Saw them at the picnic alright but they played in a tent.
    Imo a lot of the subtlety of their stuff would be lost outside or in a huge arena. Especially the stuff off coexist. So it's a no for me but the sound in the o2 is supposed to be state of the art so could be great..if 14,000 people (or however many thousand go) will all actually listen to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

3 piece minimalism in the O2. I really like the xx and loved their Olympia show just gone but I wouldn't be sold on seeing them in huge gig.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

A V A wrote: »
    honestly couldnt imagine the xx in the o2, im a big fan but i didnt think they were big enough to play such a big venue, dont get me wrong im delighted :) so glad i saw them in tripod, its so weird , going from tripod to a place like the o2 im the space of like 3 years is such an achievement

i remember seeing kings of leon in the temple bar music centre:(:(.how i wish to go back to those days.

seen the black keys at oxegen at around a 2pm slot and was in the pit with about 50 other people.
    then they played tripod.
    1 year later- the 02 sold out.

i preferred both of them before they got big....wheres the hipster emoticon

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭J. Football

I'll reserve judgement. I didn't think Bon Iver would suit an arena like the O2 either yet it was one of the best concerts in years I've been to. Willing to be surprised again!

i preferred both of them before they got big....wheres the hipster emoticon

Yeah got the xx in the Roisin Dubh, also got Hurts at Oxegen before the album was out, about 50 people there I'd say.

Advertisement