Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I can organise a venue in Donegal for tournaments, would you travel to it?

Options
  • 18-10-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi all. I've been thinking for a while about setting something in Donegal up north. I'll probably head down to one of the casual/tournament meets in QUB to see if there is any interest there as well but considering the Dublin/Cork folk etc., would you be willing to play in Donegal if I could organise a venue? I already have one in mind. It's a conference room in a hotel. The hotel said that they can provide TVs if we need them, although, considering the possibility of any input lag, that might not be a good option but I can do some testing myself early in the day to check if they're ok.

Considering that fails, I can provide a monitor, X360/PS3, as well as some games, though it should be noted, primarily being a SF player, I'm not up to date on other fighters like Tekken (don't have TTT2 but have T6) but if you're into SF or VF, I'm your man. My monitor is virtually lagless so no need to worry about any input lag. So the only thing that is missing really are 2 or 3 more X360s/PS3s, few monitors and some additional copies of the games. I'm also considering recording streams of the fights through a video capture card that'll be in my desktop PC.

Anyway, that's a lot of detail covered that perhaps isn't necessary to list out right now, so I'm just gauging interest, if there are FG tournaments in Donegal, would you travel to them or feel they're not realistic? Cork folk are understandably excused if they feel it isn't realistic, traveling around 12 hours to get to a tournament is quite insane.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Four hours minimum on a bus to Letterkenny is not the most appealing, but...

waynes_world_2_08_jim_morrison.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Considering you're, as far as I know, the only player in Donegal, no. :pac: If there were an established community of players up there that you were hosting tournaments for then I'm sure people would be willing to travel up occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I'd be well up for some competitive VF but travelling from Belfast to anywhere in Donegal (maybe except for Ballyshannon or Bundoran) without a car is simply not a realistic prospect, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd certainly try and make it, but as others have mentioned Donegal's a bit of a pain in the rear to get to.

Advertisement