Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure Watch Battery Fault?

Options
  • 18-10-2012 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have a HKC Secure watch alarm (as per the attached).

It's emitting a sharp beep every 30 seconds or so. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this?

When I enter the view user log code it displays Battery flt:

I just want the thing shut down, I don't care that the alarm is disabled....anything I can do?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there a smoke alarm connected to your alarm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

KoolKid wrote: »
    Is there a smoke alarm connected to your alarm?

Actually, I think there is. Good point. Probably not able to fully shut it down until I can get a standalone alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Is the smoke on its base properly ?
    I've never herd of it beeping every 30 seconds .

Edit :
    Is it the smoke detector that's chirping ?

No, it's the internal alarm that's beeping. It's infuriating at this stage :(

If there is a battery fault, then that's grand, but I don't need to be told about it every 30 seconds. Tried entering the code to "acknowledge" it but no good.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Still think its a smoke alarm...

• Advertisement

The echo ( inside bell ) wouldn't beep every thirty seconds :/ .
    Is there a fault light on the keypad ?
    When you try to arm it what's displaying on the keypad ?
    Can you post a picture of it ?
    :-)

Just double check there, nothing coming from the smoke alarm...the beep is definitely coming from the internal bell.....

Could you post a pic of your bell and smoke ? :-)

here we go....

I'd say the panel battery is low,
    Disconnect the battery & see if the beeping stops.

• Advertisement

Does the sound sound the same as when the bell rings for the alarm ?
    Does that smoke trigger the alarm when set off ?
    If its not monitored set the smoke off and wait 10 seconds then turn off the alarm if it rings with your code .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

keith16 wrote: »
    Just double check there, nothing coming from the smoke alarm...the beep is definitely coming from the internal bell.....

If you turn off the mains, Open the control panel. Enter your user code if the alarm activates. Disconnect the battery. Wait a minute and see if the chirping is still there. If so it is the smoke detector. If not it may be the internal bell.
    If it is the alarm then pull the fuse in the panel so you can turn back on the mains with out the alarm coming back on. Leave the battery disconnected if it is low till you get a replacement and close up the panel and turn back on the mains.

Let us know how you get on..

Thanks all, just got it sorted. There is an electrician next door so I got him to do what you said altor...problem with the battery so we have shut it down for now until we get it replaced!

Thanks for all the help!

keith16 wrote: »
    Thanks all, just got it sorted. There is an electrician next door so I got him to do what you said altor...problem with the battery so we have shut it down for now until we get it replaced!

Thanks for all the help!

Always best to get the battery replaced when you see it is low. Can destroy a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cconnolly32

hi guys I came back from holiday to no power and backup battery dead when I got power working again it has permanent fault on my hkc panel saying battery fault should this battery not recharge after power drain or do I now need to replace?

Probably best to replace it.
    You will need 12 volt DC 7amp rechargeable battery.

hi guys I came back from holiday to no power and backup battery dead when I got power working again it has permanent fault on my hkc panel saying battery fault should this battery not recharge after power drain or do I now need to replace?

I would recommend replacing if the battery did totally discharge also.
    It may recharge to a level that stops the fault showing but will discharge quicker in the event of a power fail.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Probably best to replace it.
    You will need 12 volt DC 7amp rechargeable battery.

Thanks I'll replace battery

altor wrote: »
    I would recommend replacing if the battery did totally discharge also.
    It may recharge to a level that stops the fault showing but will discharge quicker in the event of a power fail.

Thanks I'll try replace battery

Thanks I'll try replace battery

No problem, if you have any other questions please let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 cosita

Hello, I saw in another thread that you sent the manual for this alarm system to someone. Would you be able to send me a copy of one please as I need to change my battery? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Sorry but we are not allowed to share manuals via boards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

cosita wrote: »
    Hello, I saw in another thread that you sent the manual for this alarm system to someone. Would you be able to send me a copy of one please as I need to change my battery? Thanks

As Evolution mentioned the sharing of manufacturers manuals is not allowed due to copyright. But you don't need a manual to change a battery on a HKC panel anyway also the manual does not give any information as to how to either.

Advertisement