Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Limit for heading to Canada

Options
  • 18-10-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all wondering is there an age limit for moving to Canada. We are 48 with 2 teenagers. Dont have any formal education but have loads of experiance and not afraid to take on a challange. Also if we were to buy a buisness are there any restrictions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JuliaAbbott

We came to Canada a few months ago. My husband is 46 and is a professional. I am a few years younger but have no degree. We were worried about the age limit, but he got a job and was sponsored by his company. I am here on his work visa, but got a job also. We have a teenager as well.
    We looked at going the Government visa route, but it was going to be difficult because it's all about points, the older you are, or the less qualifications you have, the less points apply to you. If you speak French, that is another way you can get in, you have to do exams, interview etc.
    You probably know by now that the places that have the most opportunities are Alberta and Saskatchewan.
    We live in Calgary. If you want to look into starting a business here maybe this would be a good place to look - http://www.calgaryeconomicdevelopment.com/
    You could probably contact someone there for advice.
    Please feel free to PM me if I can help you out a bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

theres no age limit but on the points system you get more points if you are younger.

Also if neither of you have a degree or papers what route were you considering to move over? For most routes you need to be in a skilled or semi skilled job.

Advertisement