Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats your favourite post?

• 18-10-2012 9:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

I just thought I'd start a thread about this. What is your favourite post that you've ever posted? It doesn't have to be the most thanked one, or the longest, just your favourite.

Post the thread title, just to give it context. Here's mine:

"Lets put the world to rights"
    newmug wrote: »
    Here's my solution:

1) Build a massive underground jail, the biggest jail in the world, fit to hold 1 million people.

2) Put every joyriding, junkie, fraudster, banker, paedophile, illegal immigrant, shoplifting, lying politicians, dishonest, violent scumbag in Ireland into it.

3) Take in prisoners from other countries. Charge the other countries for keeping their scum. This will keep more good people of the world safe, dilute crime levels worldwide, and help our economy.

4) Have treadmills in the jail. Make the scum run on them and generate electricity.

5) Sell the electricity, which will not only boost our economy evenfurther, but will help the global warming crisis aswell.

6) Scrap all previous laws, and start from scratch. Publish a book called "The Law". Make it available to everybody in Ireland. Teach it in schools. Leave no excuse for criminal behaviour.

7) In this book, state the sentences. Rape of children = rest of your life in jail. Not 4 years with 2 suspended, not 18 months and a donation to charity, minimum of 100 years just to be sure. Same for dealing drugs. This is both as a punishment, and to keep criminals away from normal people. Normal people dont rob, do drugs, or rape. Also, longer sentences = more electricity produced.

8) Aim to build a society which mimics that of "The Girl From Tomorrow". The only people who should be walking around freely are those responsible enough to know how to use their freedom properly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVS376aIVqQ&feature=related

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Wow this is a major ego-fest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

George Orwell would be proud...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Deutsche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I'm sure Hitler felt the same about "Mein Kampf" and it probably wasn't much different to your post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Thinly veiled 'I want to show everyone how witty, funny and intelligent I am, because not enough people thanked it the first time' thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

The other 1897 posts mustn't be great reading methinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

omahaid wrote:
    Whoever quotes this is amazing

This one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Thinly veiled 'I want to show everyone how witty, funny and intelligent I am, because not enough people thanked it the first time' thread.

Stopped reading there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Every single post I've ever written.

God, I'm amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

About tree fiddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Too many OP, Too many :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Whats your favourite post?
    Lamp post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Favourite posts by others would've seemed less self applauding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Was heading to Croker for a Galway game a few years ago, showery day so I had the golf wet gear on.

Had a long walk to the stadium and I knew I had a 'live unstable round 'baking in the chamber.

Thought I could 'tough it out' and make the ****ters in the Hogan,but just on final approach she 'crowned' and exploded in me jocks like a fcuking dropped trifle.Total fcuking carnage!!!:eek:

Fcuking waft going through the stiles was wodious, I could see the fcuker taking the tickets pulling back his head

Anyway the Flutt was quick thinking, abandoned the caked strides and jocks in the shitters and just used the golf pull-ups which were not contaminated.

felt sorry for the dude who had to 'bag' the load in the jacks, not a pretty sight, full evacuation and loose.

Very traumatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Great idea but threadmills dont actually generate electricity. unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Sky King wrote: »
    Lamp post.

more a goal post man myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

ur just tryin to get loads of thanks :) haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Well, all the posters above have chosen pretty crap posts as their own "personal best". I am off to find a crap one of my own to fit in. Shouldn't be too hard/take long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Registered post. Costs a bit more but you can track it.

Pottler wrote: »
    Well, all the posters above have chosen pretty crap posts as their own "personal best". I am off to find a crap one of my own to fit in. Shouldn't be too hard/take long.

Might be hard though, so many to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

with regards to the futility of athiesim forum without crazy christians to argue with
    Tigger wrote: »
    other wise it'd be a boring forum here with

op; i dont believe in god

tigger; me neither wanna go for a pint

op; i don't believe in drinking before lunch time

tigger; but look at all the evidence of drinking before lunchtime how can you dispute it.

op; i'm off to talk to the godbotherers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I thought about starting a similar thread on AH....

...then I sobered up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

I sense OP would lick his own balls if he could

MadsL wrote: »
    I thought about starting a similar thread on AH....

...then I sobered up.

It's been done, several times, always gets the same reaction too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

This one is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

I sense OP would lick his own balls if he could

While looking into the mirror, with nothing but posters off himself on the wall

Might be hard though, so many to choose from.
    Hi Tard, thought they kept you locked in the basement. What's the best post you've ever err, deposited on here? I'm genuinely interested. Mine are all crap, almost without exception, probably much the same for you I'd imagine. I did have one that went along the lines of "Houston, somthin somthin" that I quite liked tho.. Kinda made me laugh, but I'm very easily amused.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I found something Fianna Fáil did right:
    The amount of money they're putting into scientific research. Ireland is now ranked number 3 in Immunological research in the world. Then again, it's just going to leave us with too many graduates and not enough jobs for them.
    Source

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

What's your favourite post?
    Sky King wrote: »
    Lamp post.

Fencing Post.

Hi Tard, thought they kept you locked in the basement. What's the best post you've ever err, deposited on here? I'm genuinely interested. Mine are all crap, almost without exception, probably much the same for you I'd imagine. I did have one that went along the lines of "Houston, somthin somthin" that I quite liked tho.. Kinda made me laugh, but I'm very easily amused.

If you're that interested just go do a search for posts by me and rate them by most thanked.
    It's really not that difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Lock everyone up in Ireland that are dishonest? Jaysus, you're gonna need a jail that holds more than 1 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Deutsche

I just got that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

thinly veiled "I didn't get enough thanks the first time around" thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

About tree fiddy

We need to add a smily that is crying, holding his head in his hands indicated extreme pain and disappointment. One that conveys the message "He did it for a laugh and we all laughed.... but I never thought it would end up like this".

If you're that interested just go do a search for posts by me and rate them by most thanked.
    It's really not that difficult.
    Not that bored, tbh. There's so many, they just blur. All good though, I have to report.:) You're some man for the good posts. You should quote a few yourself. I'm sure loads of people would be fascinated..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Going to go out on a limb here - I actually quite liked that post by the OP. It is ridiculously egotistical alright but still a well thought out post. It is a pity that it isn't at all feasible :o

• Advertisement

Not that bored, tbh. There's so many, they just blur. All good though, I have to report.:) You're some man for the good posts. You should quote a few yourself.

That would be a bit tacky.
    But you feel free to browse away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

OK- if I were to pick out my favourite posts it would be two of them -

This one first followed by this one.

That would be a bit tacky.
    But you feel free to browse away.
    Thanks Armin, I'm feeling a bit lazy now, perhaps I'll make the effort later, which is tardy, I know, but I will whip up the enthusiasm later. Heaven forbid you should ever be tacky.:) I loved that one you posted about the time you were abroad, it was hillarious. You should post that.

Thanks Armin, I'm feeling a bit lazy now, perhaps I'll make the effort later, which is tardy, I know, but I will whip up the enthusiasm later. Heaven forbid you should ever be tacky.:) I loved that one you posted about the time you were abroad, it was hillarious. You should post that.

Mod

I'm not exacty sure what's going on here, but whatever it is, stop it. Now.

Mod

Amen.

Now let us go in peace.

Don't forget to lock up Daisy ;)

Mod

Me either, tbf.

Oh hello. What time do you close again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Op, "normal people don't do drugs"?

Excuse me? Define "normal" please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Schwiiing wrote: »
    I like listening to whalesongs.

I like it because it sounds like a load of Cork people falling down a well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement