Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC open tamper

Options
  • 18-10-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, i just had some lads doing a bit of dry lining in the house and i think they upset one of the alarm sensors. I'm no expert in this so all help appreciated!

I have a HKC alarm system and the fault light is on the panel. It's giving a message saying that there is an "open tamper - zone 3 lounge". I'm not sure what this means but the relevant sensor lid appears to be correctly on. attached is a picture of the inside the sensor, any ideas? The green and white wire donuts seem to connect to anything. Is this ok?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi, i just had some lads doing a bit of dry lining in the house and i think they upset one of the alarm sensors. I'm no expert in this so all help appreciated!

I have a HKC alarm system and the fault light is on the panel. It's giving a message saying that there is an "open tamper - zone 3 lounge". I'm not sure what this means but the relevant sensor lid appears to be correctly on. attached is a picture of the inside the sensor, any ideas? The green and white wire donuts seem to connect to anything. Is this ok?

Thank you

Sounds like an issue with the cable. Is the zone itself showing open?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 smallcapmac

altor wrote: »

Sounds like an issue with the cable. Is the zone itself showing open?

Thanks for the reply. No, just the tamper. When you say caple do you mean the cable just burried behind drylining ?!! Ahhhh

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thank you

The green & white are not used.
    Take out the blue & yellow wires & join them together.
    If its still showing tamper it may be the cable if that's the only device on zone 3.

Advertisement