Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc quantum 70 gsm

Options
  • 18-10-2012 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, I have the above alarm and was wondering can i get a gsm unit to text me if the alarm goes off. Where would I buy this and would it be much of a job to install as the alarm company that installed the alarm is gone.
    Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It was due to be released earlier this year. That was put back to 1 st October.
    The latest date is 1st November.... Here's hoping.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Chrism23 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have the above alarm and was wondering can i get a gsm unit to text me if the alarm goes off. Where would I buy this and would it be much of a job to install as the alarm company that installed the alarm is gone.
    Thanks for any advice.

The HKC GSM-P will work with the Quantum. Easy to install but you will need the engineer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chrism23

Thanks for the info,can these be bought by anyone or do you have to be a registered installer or anything. Is the engineers code a standard code or is it inside the alarm printed on a part and can i do any harm if I enter the wrong code. Thanks again guys

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most suppliers will be more than happy to take your money.
    The engineer codes are generally charged by the installation company to one out their choosing. Entering numerous wrong codes will trigger a code tamper which renders the system inoperable for a short period of time., but no permanent damage can be caused by this.

Thanks for the info,can these be bought by anyone or do you have to be a registered installer or anything. Is the engineers code a standard code or is it inside the alarm printed on a part and can i do any harm if I enter the wrong code. Thanks again guys

You could also try to default the system and see if it is not engineer locked. If not it will return to factory settings. Do this before you buy the GSM as it will be no good to you if you cant program it to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Chrism23

altor wrote: »

You could also try to default the system and see if it is not engineer locked. If not it will return to factory settings. Do this before you buy the GSM as it will be no good to you if you cant program it to work.

I tried to go through the menus but all i seem to be able to do is set or unset the alarm,how would i default the system to put it back to factor,

I tried to go through the menus but all i seem to be able to do is set or unset the alarm,how would i default the system to put it back to factor,

You need to down power the alarm, mains and battery. Remove factory default link then power back up. If its not engineer locked it will say to default on the keypad. If it defaults, replace factory link then reprogram.

Advertisement