Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Researching for first PC Build. ( Info Needed)

Options
  • 18-10-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,

I hope I have put this post in the right place,but it seems that the post that this original thread was posted on is an old post and would most likely go unnoticed.

Anyway here goes. . . .

1. What is your budget? 1500euro

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Media usage/Movie editing/Light Gaming/ but with capacity to upgrade to more powerful components.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. Full HD capability/ 27`

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay?

9. When are you purchasing? Between 6 mths to a 1yr(depending on cashflow)

10. If you need help building it, where are you based?

It would be great to get some info reagdring this from people who have done it previously.

Also if people can recommend quality stores in Ireland (Web or physical) from where to purchase items.

Thanks to all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

best place to buy from is hardwareversand.de it's where most of us buy from but its a German website because Irish shops tend to be very expensive plus a 27" full hd (1920x1080) monitor have terrible picture quality considering your going to be up close to it and be able to see the gaps between the pixels alot easier but you can get 27" Quad HD monitors (2560x1440) for €300 from Korean retailers that are very good.
    No point speccing up anything, technology constantly changes with time weather it be prices or new components so better off waiting till you have or nearly have the cash to order before we do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 BikerTech

Thanks for the response and the advice.
    I will check out the site you mentioned.
    On the subject of HD TV`s and using them as monitors.
    I have a 32 full hd philips,could I use that as a monitor for the pc.
    I would like to be able to sit far back from the monitor when I type and while i read text on screen,would this be suitable?
    If for instance I wanted to get a very high spec gaming pc that would do video editing,media,.
    I suppose whhat I mean is what would I be looking at price wise for that kind of spec PC.

Thanks

Advertisement