Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub 3 Muffin Man

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oh, and the good old fashioned letter must be handwritten. None of this impersonal computer typed and printed stuff. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Hey I dunk chocolate biscuits every night. I have 8kg to go to hit the race weight that will hopefully bring the line closer :eek: OK it is early days to be calling a target. Let's say target is a PB and below the next roundest number. So that leaves me sub 3 and you sub 3:30 if I recall. We can leave those as is for now and review closer to the time. Re: Kcals - I had a nutritionist examine my diet last summer and turned out I need around 3700kcals a day average. I was consuming that but way too much fat (sugar) and to my surprise, not enough carbs!! She basically advised me to cut out the crap and eat more good carbs. Alcohol is irrelevant for me as I rarely drink anyway. Sugar is the vice...

I agree on a tie breaker if we both succeed. To be agreed when that happens!! And yes good old fashioned pen, paper, prose and scent of choice :)

All sounds fair and reasonable - you, sir, have got yourself a little wager and a challenge. From one formidable opponent to another, may the most stubbornly focused nut-job win. ;):D

Sweet! Hear hear to a new year of lean bodies and good running ;):D

...gulp

Hear hear.... ;)

We should weigh ourselves on Jan 1st....track the weight....would love to track body fat, but I have no way to do that. You know, this will be a very interesting experiment for me. I have probably never gone this long without chocolate or junk ever in my entire life....so the effects on my body and results in my performance will be something of novel new territory.

• Advertisement

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Hear hear.... ;)

We should weigh ourselves on Jan 1st....track the weight....would love to track body fat, but I have no way to do that. You know, this will be a very interesting experiment for me. I have probably never gone this long without chocolate or junk ever in my entire life....so the effects on my body and results in my performance will be something of novel new territory.

Scratch the "probably"....for as long as I have been able to shovel food in my mouth, I know I have not gone anywhere near this long without chocolate or junk.

Hear hear.... ;)

+1 2011 was the one and only time I stuck to Lent and my Marathon PB happened at the end of it. Now I did have a shed load of consistent training behind it too. That was 40 days. True it will be novel to see what consistent training and 95 days of food discipline will do. Just back from cinema where I gorged like a great hibernation starts Monday:rolleyes: I'll weigh in Monday morning too to properly litmus test this. I'm so sick of food from the festive period that right now it seems like an easy challenge. I know it will be a different story in about a week from now....

Hate to break this to you, but it's more like 125 days of abstinence, not 95. :eek:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If both of you fail you should have a dual forfeit. To entertain your public :)

I'm thinking one hell of a dance-off. ;)

• Advertisement

Hate to break this to you, but it's more like 125 days of abstinence, not 95. :eek:
    Ah yes I had delusions. So 125 days... A triple Lent :eek::eek:
    I'm thinking one hell of a dance-off. ;)
    Slow dance? ;)

Hill Run
    Lovely trip up to the Wicklow hills to spend a day with Kurt, Obe One, the Clown, a Hoochie and a Stripper who reads Hemingway, amongst other fine boardies! It was fun but as Oryx said, what happens at band camp stays at band camp :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hill Run
    Lovely trip up to the Wicklow hills to spend a day with Kurt, Obe One, the Clown, a Hoochie and a Stripper who reads Hemingway, amongst other fine boardies! It was fun but as Oryx said, what happens at band camp stays at band camp :D

Good luck with the marathon training and stay off those desserts!!!

16 hours to go....oh wait, you only have 11 hours to go. :D;)
    So, did you weigh yourself, or will that be tomorrow???

Last Session of 2013 - Aerobic Swim with tumble turns
    3,000m straight and steady in 51:13. I felt ok for the first 1500 but shoulders grew weary and I tired toward the end. It was the tumble turns that added spice to this and also tired me out. I managed 55 tumbles in 60 lengths ranging from dreadful to barely passable. The very few I managed where I didn't scrape along the shallow end floor or gasp for a breath, were reasonably fluid efforts. I'll get stuck into the swim smooth book and some clips before the next tumble turn practice. My arms flail out to the sides and I kick too deep off the wall for starters... Still, it was more tumble turns in a single session than I've done over the whole year combined :D

16 hours to go....oh wait, you only have 11 hours to go. :D;)
    So, did you weigh yourself, or will that be tomorrow???
    80.4kg !! It took a whole lot of laziness and sugar rushes to hit that. Gives me a nice round 8kg target weight loss :eek::eek: Just 4 more hours of stuffing these m&ms etc in... Happy New Year hoochiedoubleD!!

Last Session of 2013 - Aerobic Swim with tumble turns
    3,000m straight and steady in 51:13. I felt ok for the first 1500 but shoulders grew weary and I tired toward the end. It was the tumble turns that added spice to this and also tired me out. I managed 55 tumbles in 60 lengths ranging from dreadful to barely passable. The very few I managed where I didn't scrape along the shallow end floor or gasp for a breath, were reasonably fluid efforts. I'll get stuck into the swim smooth book and some clips before the next tumble turn practice. My arms flail out to the sides and I kick too deep off the wall for starters... Still, it was more tumble turns in a single session than I've done over the whole year combined :D

80.4kg !! It took a whole lot of laziness and sugar rushes to hit that. Gives me a nice round 8kg target weight loss :eek::eek: Just 4 more hours of stuffing these m&ms etc in... Happy New Year hoochiedoubleD!!

Tumble turns....be still my heart!!! ;)

I have been stuffing my face for days now with crap, and I actually can't wait to stop. Gag. Feelin' sorta sick from it all. Weighed myself too (can't believe I'm revealing this to you as weight and age are taboo...but...) and I came in at 114.8 pounds...shhh, don't tell anybody!!!

Happy New Year Stud-Muffin Man!!!! :D

Medium Run with 6km at lactate Threshold
    I wasn't looking forward to this but the plan is the plan and I just have to adapt. Caz set off a few minutes before me to start her sub4 quest. That was enough to stop me faffing about. It was chilly to start so the 30 minute warm up began a tad' pacey. The tempo work wasn't good, average 3:48 pace and 169 HR with a Max of 177. Too quick and too much effort. It was hard work but will hopefully improve as I get fitter. Total 16.03km

22 hours and 0 sins. 2,978 hours to go...:)

I need a quick ruling - is popcorn allowed? And how about pretzels? Trying to get junk food clarity. :)

I need a quick ruling - is popcorn allowed? And how about pretzels? Trying to get junk food clarity. :)
    Anything savoury is in ;). Its our respective raging sweet teeth that need taming...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

I think you'd both benefit from an external, independent adjudicator on this. Since both popcorn and pretzels can be obtained from a vending machine I'd be ruling them out.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

interested wrote: »
    I think you'd both benefit from an external, independent adjudicator on this. Since both popcorn and pretzels can be obtained from a vending machine I'd be ruling them out.

I second that:)

• Advertisement

I second that:)

Ahhh...two comedians!!! ;)

let your own moral compass guide you DD

let your own moral compass guide you DD

Wow. Spoken like a seasoned father. ;)

or someone with a broken moral compass eating mince pies someone brought into work as a favour to them. :eek: the things I do for people.

or someone with a broken moral compass eating mince pies someone brought into work as a favour to them. :eek: the things I do for people.

Never had a mince pie myself, but a client just brought in homemade peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. :eek::eek::eek: That's okay. No biggie. I've only got 124 days to go and I can eat as many chocolate peanut butter balls as I want. :D

So vending machines out then! No form of sweetened savoury treats either! Day 2 nearly down... :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

chocolate.jpg

@RC- too soon to taunt I'm still on a come down from the festive gluttony and holding strong :p

Medium Easy with 6*1km PMP reps

Terrible run. Reduced the number of planned reps as my energy simply deserted me. The effect of not feel long up after the last hard run, back to work and a sharp calorie drop. Reps...
    4:03 avg hr 159
    4:03 avg hr 160
    4:05 avg hr 159
    4:06 avg hr 163
    4:01 avg hr 165
    4:01 avg hr 164 Max hr 169

Struggled home for a finish. Calf still hurts too since the descent from some Wicklow hill, not good. Needed a shake and a bowl of cereal straight away. Lessons learned:rolleyes:
    46 hours and ZERO sins... 2,954 hours to go :)

So vending machines out then! No form of sweetened savoury treats either! Day 2 nearly down... :cool:

If the pretzels and popcorn don't come from a vending machine, are they allowed?? And yes, day 2 nearly down....

• Advertisement

What kind of shake did you have?? I hope that wasn't of the ice cream variety!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement