Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If famous people had to be real

• 18-10-2012 11:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭

I was listenin to Joe Rogans podcast and I couldnt believe how good he was at conversations. he always has something to say and its always realy funny or interesting and realy confident. it got me thinkin though. he is talking to his friends or people who know him and are interested to talk to him. if a famous person had to chat to people normaly, as in the person they were talkin to didnt know they were famous and werent interested in whatever they are famous for, do you think they would be able to be as interesting and entertaining as they seem?

its like when gordon ramsay was on jonathan ross, he seems cool there but if he was talkin to somebody who didnt like cookin or celebrties and didnt know him i think he would be a boring psycho. whereas i think bruce willis could be a real guy and just have a cool conversation anyway.

what do you think, would most famous people fail to be interesting if they had to be like all of us? who would not fail? :):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

who would not fail? :):)

Stopped reading here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

whereas i think bruce willis could be a real guy and just have a cool conversation anyway.

I'd say he's a bit of a wanker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

What ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Plenty of non famous people are interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

Stopped reading here.

thats not doing to badly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Morgan Freeman, Christopher Walken and Benecio Del Toro.

I couldnt care less what they said, it would be awesome.

Super-Rush wrote: »

Oh me. Oh oh oh oh oh me.

Super-Rush wrote: »

yeah thats what i mean. what famous people could be like that without all there automatic interest they get from being famous and having such interestin jobs

I'd say he's a bit of a wanker.

always seems cool in interviews when ive seen them haha but fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Completely agree OP. I mean erm like Samuel L. Jackson always comes across as a cool guy and very approachable but he would be torture to wonder around Centra with let's be honest... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

It depends. Gordon Ramsey..no! However he is famous for cooking bla bla bla.. But someone like Cheryl Cole id still have to be surgically removed from. Famous or no.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 okfine

I am Real :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Celebs are boring c$nts. FACT!
    You would be too iff people catered to your every whim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

I'd say Giovanni Trappatoni's interpreter would be very interesting. She's a looker if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I don't find clebs interesting at all in the first place though!

Celebs are boring c$nts. FACT!
    You would be too iff people catered to your every whim.

i think there are some that are for sure but not all. like dara o brian, hed be funny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Plenty of non-famous people out there who are fascinating - i met a guy from Magnum, the photo agency who had spent his life taking photos of war zones - very cool man, should be on TV daily, but there you go. Some famous people are deadly craic, others are dull as ditchwater. I met a man yesterday who is ultra well known, and in fairness, he could have mumbled the alphabet and I'd have listened agog as it was surreal just standing beside him - not showbiz famous, just a household name - funny things happen to rational people when they meet a "celeb" - I thought I acted pretty cool, but maybe I was just kidding myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Well, they'd stop calling their kids after fruit, planetery essences, or kitchen utensils or whatever stupid idea comes into their very detached minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Pottler wrote: »
    I met a man yesterday who is ultra well known, and in fairness, he could have mumbled the alphabet and I'd have listened agog as it was surreal just standing beside him - not showbiz famous, just a household name\

Who was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I would find the idea of sitting beside many celebs on a plane or train journey a hindrance , I mean they would automatically assume I'm fan or something and want to chat to them .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

thats not doing to badly!
    Internet Hero

Stopped reading here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Nichololas wrote: »
    Stopped reading here

Well I stopped reading here-
    boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Well I stopped reading here-

Well FU!

I stopped reading here
    Google.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Stopped reading here.

You stopped reading at the end of the post?

Ground breaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Joe Rogan thinks the moon landing was faked. That tells you all you need to know about Joe Rogan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Suas11 wrote: »
    Who was it?

Maurice Pratt :P

You stopped reading at the end of the post?

Ground breaking.

yeah i didnt get that either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Joe Rogan is going over the same stuff a lot lately. I find myself more and more fast forwarding through large chunks of his podcasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Joe Rogan thinks the moon landing was faked. That tells you all you need to know about Joe Rogan

He also believes in Bigfoot and has a new diet every week that's better than the last one.

• Advertisement

he doesnt believe in bigfoot or fake moonlands or any of that hes just open to it.

i forgot to say, met keith wood the rugby player once with my dad. he was realy down to earth. i think alot of sports stars are more interestin people than actors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I had an A list guitarist to the airport last week, had some real interesting stories and the run passed very quickly. I thought what a genuinely interesting guy this is.

After helping him with his luggage, he pulled a tenner from his wallet(it was a contract job, he wasnt paying) but asked me for a fiver back so he could get breakfast.

I thought to myself 'what a ****!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

kfallon wrote: »
    Maurice Pratt :P
    I've done tons of work for him^, nice man, very sharp. Wasn't him. Not going to say who as he's a very private(and feckin rich and powerful) individual, so doing a Biggins on this! Not trying to be at all mysterious, just don't need work related grief, etc, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Suas11 wrote: »
    Who was it?

Brendan Kilkenny?

Advertisement