Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury cuts the size of Dairy Milk chocolate bar but keeps the price the same.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Hard to argue in Fairness:

http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=cocoa-beans&months=12

A whopping $500 per tonne increase in 4 months!
    Plus oil has increased a bit too.

Given the choice of a slightly smaller product vs a higher cost product, I'd pick the smaller product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Dairy Milk sold in Ireland is made in Ireland it may not happen here. Kraft foods who own Cadburys and a bunch of other chocolate brands do this with many products including the Toblerones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Sure Yorkie used to have 6 pieces in it, one for each letter, now they only have 5!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

A bar of chocolate costs €1.09 now at my local shop.....I for one refuse to pay it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Doom wrote: »
    A bar of chocolate costs €1.09 now at my local shop.....I for one refuse to pay it.....

anyone who buys bars singly needs their head examined in fairness. Wispas are 4 for €1.21 in tesco right now, 4 full size 58g snickers/mars/twix are €1.37, 34cent a bar. Most €2 shops do 5 for €2, and you get to mix & match the bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Doom wrote: »
    I can top that. Bought a bar of Dairy Milk yesterday in my local offie for an extortionate €1.18.

If anybody wants to top that I have a kitkat here I will sell for €50.

Its easy to squander money if you want. 1kg of ketchup is €30 in my local chipper. €1.89 in tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

grenache wrote: »
    I can top that. Bought a bar of Dairy Milk yesterday in my local offie for an extortionate €1.18.

I bought a dairy milk with my lunch in my local Centra yesterday. Was pretty shocked to see it ring up as €1.15.

They were €1.05 at the start of the week, which was expensive enough as it is. Centra also do 2 bar deals on the Cadburys range: two bars for €1.60. That's now 2 for €2. Won't be buying a bar with lunch anymore in there, not that I did it on a regular basis anyway.

My local pound shop sells bars at five bars for €2, far better value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Our health minister doesnt like cheap junk food so he should be pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

rubadub wrote: »
    anyone who buys bars singly and then complains about the price needs their head examined in fairness. Wispas are 4 for €1.21 in tesco right now, 4 full size 58g snickers/mars/twix are €1.37, 34cent a bar. Most €2 shops do 5 for €2, and you get to mix & match the bars.

fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I bought a dairy milk with my lunch in my local Centra yesterday. Was pretty shocked to see it ring up as €1.15.

They were €1.05 at the start of the week, which was expensive enough as it is. Centra also do 2 bar deals on the Cadburys range: two bars for €1.60. That's now 2 for €2. Won't be buying a bar with lunch anymore in there, not that I did it on a regular basis anyway.

My local pound shop sells bars at five bars for €2, far better value.

The reason they're €1.15 is because that's what some people are willing to pay, yourself included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

mikeym wrote: »
    Our health minister doesnt like cheap junk food so he should be pleased.

our Health Minister doesn't like to look healthy either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

xpletiv wrote: »
    Sure Yorkie used to have 6 pieces in it, one for each letter, now they only have 5!

Y O R K I perphaps ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

xpletiv wrote: »

Maybe if they let women eat them they could get better economies of scale and not need to reduce it to 5 pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

1.35e for a cadburys bar of caramello in spar in the ifsc. Its the one opposite the harbour master.

:eek:

Working beside there and paid it as I needed a quick hit. Will not be paying it again.

edit: had initially said it was centra but its the small spar

Working beside there and paid it as I needed a quick hit. Will not be paying it again.
    What if you need a quick hit again?

Full size kitkat chunkies are 8 for €1.24 in tesco, 15.5cent each. I won't tell you how many I got :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

What if you need a quick hit again?

Full size kitkat chunkies are 8 for €1.24 in tesco, 15.5cent each. I won't tell you how many I got :o

I wont go into the shop. I had it in my hand at the till before I found out how much it was.

love my choocy. several garages doing 2 cadburys bars for 1.50e, Id like to think I could stock up and have them in the office drawer to eat as I needed but they wouldnt last the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

anyone who buys bars singly needs their head examined in fairness. Wispas are 4 for €1.21 in tesco right now, 4 full size 58g snickers/mars/twix are €1.37, 34cent a bar. Most €2 shops do 5 for €2, and you get to mix & match the bars.

The price of single bars really are ridiculous...unfortunately the only shops I happen to pass by are Spar so this is where I normally get a fix...they have 4 wispas for €2.50 at the moment, which is great considering they're normally €1.19 a bar!! Really wish Tesco was closer to me!

Advertisement