Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 Acre enough?

• 19-10-2012 12:21am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33

Would 1 acre be enough to house 2 weaners, a chicken coop and run to house 6-8 Chickens and have 6-8 raised bed gardens along with a small greenhouse... or is it way too cramped.

I need to get an idea, as i'm in the market at the moment. but 80-90k is my limit for a potential small holding.

If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know.

Thanks
    Neil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

Assuming there'd also be a house w/ drive, etc on it, I'd still say that would be plenty of land. We have 1.7acres that's strangely laid out in terraces (so there's a lot of "wasted space"), and I don't think we'll ever be able to fill it even though we've had & want to have again pigs, chix, ducks, geese, turkeys, fruit, veg & fodder crops for the animals.

With proper planning & management you'd be shocked at how much an acre can maintain.

Advertisement