Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I had free O2 credit for a year

• 19-10-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭

A year and 3 months actually. I topped up by €20 last August and switched my payment plan from 'free texts to all networks' to 'free calls to O2' about an hour after topping up. Anyway when my credit balance ran out at the end of the month, I noticed that I had both free texts to all networks AND free calls to O2 customers. It was a magical time in my life. Anybody else ever been blessed with this wonderful glitch?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

And you didn't think to sell this simcard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Moved to O2, Talk to Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Mod

Move to O2, Talk to Forum.
    Will do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Mod

Moved to O2, Talk to Forum.
    Jaysus this O2 forum looks remarkably familiar. It's decorated exactly the same as AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭N17er

IceFjoem wrote: »
    A year and 3 months actually. I topped up by €20 last August and switched my payment plan from 'free texts to all networks' to 'free calls to O2' about an hour after topping up. Anyway when my credit balance ran out at the end of the month, I noticed that I had both free texts to all networks AND free calls to O2 customers. It was a magical time in my life. Anybody else ever been blessed with this wonderful glitch?
    I bet all your mates changed from 02 to Vodafone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

And you didn't think to sell this simcard?

But...free stuff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

You should have dressed up as a public phone box for the year, ya'd have made a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

But...free stuff!

Unless you usually spent a fair bit on top ups I think you could have charged someone £50 a month for unlimited free calls and texts on a "magic" "chipped" sim card.

I remember a market was selling something similar... turned out to be contract phones that were subsequently reported stolen :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

But...free stuff!
    Unless you used the simcard to become a one man vigilante superhero (i.e phoning the baddies constantly telling them they are bad) then I'm sorry to say it was completely wasted on you. Wasted.

Hmmm that's the same type of sofa as they have over in AH too. Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

OP you basically stole from O2, probably cost some poor soul their job. That person is probably homeless now and their kids are in care, hope your happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'd love if that happened to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

KKkitty wrote: »
    I'd love if that happened to me.

To be fair, losing you job and Wong homeless isn't to difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Happened to a mate of mine yrs ago in tbr early days of mobiles where you had to buy credit on cards you scratched to reveal the top up number.

Anyway he had free calls so he rented out his phone to local business people who wanted to use it for international calls.

We used it to order take aways and taxis from all the take aways and taxi firms in town and watch the neighbours try and explain they didn't order any of it!!

Thanks vodafone, suckers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I noticed that I had both free texts to all networks AND free calls to O2 customers. It was a magical time in my life.

Different kind of magic as Freddie Mercury would have said. I think we'll leave this thread here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement