Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #89

• 19-10-2012 2:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭

Here the latest Album of the Week. Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote. Here's the breakdown of the votes. Only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Band|Album|Votes
    Tesseract|One|4
    Live|Throwing Copper|2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

A mate of mine posted on of the live recordings from Concealing Fate on Facebook back in January and it caught my attention straight away.

Technical but still quite atmospheric. I absolutely love it anyway.

Live in studio of the 6 part Concealing Fate

Another one of my favourite tracks on the album

They did a new version of the above song when the original singer left, but the replacement pales in comparison to the original imo. He's since left as well though, so I get the feeling it might be one of those kinds of bands if the third guy doesn't last :P

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I'd consider myself a bit of a Tesseract fan. They're definitely one of the better peddlers of "djent"-type metal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I think I listened to an EP by Tesseract once upon a time, but I got the album One after it won AotW and I really like the sound of it. I can see it getting a lot of spins on me iPhone for the next while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

xerces wrote: »
    I think I listened to an EP by Tesseract once upon a time, but I got the album One after it won AotW and I really like the sound of it. I can see it getting a lot of spins on me iPhone for the next while.

Yeah, that's something I noticed myself: I really kept coming back to it and listening to it on a regular basis, a lot more so than other albums in the last while.
    Very enjoyable album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

I liked this album a lot. For an album that is so entrenched and confined to the cues of a particular sub-genre you would think that it might sound overly formulaic but somehow they manage to keep the sound evolving throughout the album.

The production does however sound very digital and compressed. Would be interested in seeing them live for sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement