Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog breeders in kk??

Options
  • 19-10-2012 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know any dog breeders in kk specifically fir rotties?? My springer spaniel died 2 years ago and feel im ready for a new dog

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Arawn wrote: »
    Does anyone know any dog breeders in kk specifically fir rotties?? My springer spaniel died 2 years ago and feel im ready for a new dog

Have you ever had a rottweiler? if not to go from a springer spaniel to a rottweiler without the proper knowledge is not a good idea. I have a rottweiler they are brilliant dogs but only if they are treated in the correct manner. AFAIK there is a breeder in KK my girlfriends aunt got one recently and im full sure it was in KK ill ask her later on and ill post it back up for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Why don't you go to the pound or the dog shelter in Mullinahone. There are so many dogs needing new homes these days and you even find a Rottweiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

While I've never personally owned one my old lad has in the past and i will be moving in with them till after christmas so anything i need to learn i will. It's not a spur of the moment decision,have wanted one for years but was financially dependant enough to commit to one

As for why dont I go to the Pound? I want a purebreed with papers. My spaniel was an abused stray when we took her in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Rottweilers are fantastic dogs when they are in the right hands a well trained disciplined rottweiler is the best dog anyone could ever get. Good luck with if you get hold of one they are definitely worth the time and effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

As for why dont I go to the Pound? I want a purebreed with papers. My spaniel was an abused stray when we took her in.

I wasn't being critical. My friend had two pure bred Golden Retrievers and heard of someone who was having to take their's to the pound but the pound was full, so she took pity on it and took it in for a couple of week's only to discover it was one of her dog's full sisters (with all the papers). She ended up keeping her. She now has a poo mountain which would gladden the hearts of the old EEC. You may well find what you are looking in local pounds and rescue places as they are expensive animals to keep and sometimes seem to be the first cutback that people make although I can well understand the lure of a puppy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Don't know bout a rottie breeder in KK. But if you'd want to get another Spaniel, Joe Parsons always has good dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

You might have more luck if you post in Animal & Pet Issues?

If you are looking for an IKC registered pedigree I would suggest you contact the breed club - details on IKC website. They will be able to put you in touch with breeders who may have puppies available. But you may need to search countrywide, rather than just in Kilkenny to find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Will PM you the contact details of who I consider to be a 'responsible' Rottie breeder, but not sure if he is breeding at present.
    A breed that needs to be handled properly, and more important, to be sourced properly, to reduce chances of behavioural problems. Also classed as a dangerous breed so must be muzzled in public.

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Will PM you the contact details of who I consider to be a 'responsible' Rottie breeder, but not sure if he is breeding at present.
    A breed that needs to be handled properly, and more important, to be sourced properly, to reduce chances of behavioural problems. Also classed as a dangerous breed so must be muzzled in public.

Not dangerous - Restricted.

Relevant info is here:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1991/en/si/0123.html

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

LisaO wrote: »
    Not dangerous - Restricted.

Relevant info is here:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1991/en/si/0123.html

Thanks for that. Stand corrected on terminology, but yes, muzzle in public required.

• Advertisement

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Stand corrected on terminology, but yes, muzzle in public required.

Sorry - I know it sounds pedantic :) But dogs do not deserve the bad name that they get from these labels.

I have been asked a few times if my guy is "one of them dangerous dogs?" Always answer "what do you think?", usually as he is being fussed & petted by the questioner, tail wagging furiously & licking them to death ;)

Advertisement