Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISA Debit card question

Options
  • 19-10-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi
    I was wondering if I will be issued a VISA Debit card for my current account
    The thing is I have never even had an ATM or Laser card on my current account just an ATM card for my savings account

I would like to know if one will be issued to me automatically or will I have to go to my local branch to get one?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Leeman79.

Thanks for your query.

As you have never had an ATM or a Laser card on your account, you will need to complete a card application form to apply for a Visa Debit card.
    Please contact your account holding branch directly where a representative will be happy to help you.

Hope this helps.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I have a green Pass Card with my current account - never once been used mind. Will I automatically get this replaced with a new Visa Debit card?

You should be able to apply online as you can for a credit card.

Hi Delta2113.

Thanks for your query.

The green Pass cards are not being replaced with Visa Debit cards.

If you wish to apply for a Visa Debit card, please contact your account holding branch where a representative will be happy to help you.
    Unfortunately, it is not possible to apply for a Visa Debit card online.

Hope this helps
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Hi

Obviously I have been out of the loop here as I didnt realise laser debit cards were happening. Anyway got one in the post on Friday. My question is I dont have a laser card on my current account and dont want one. I also have the contactless thing on the new debit card and definitely dont want that. How can I go about just keeping my atm card.

Thanks

Hi nicearbhaill.

Thanks for your query.

You may request an ATM only card by contacting your account holding branch or by calling Banking365 on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be happy to issue one for you.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please ask.
    Laura

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 irisheyez

Hello Laura, I have a laser card question!
    i have a laser card for a number of years now, will i receive a visa debit card or will i have to request one? it expires next year.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi irisheyez,

Thanks for your query. If you hold a Laser card as part of a Euro Current Account, it should have already been replaced as part of or rollout. As you haven't received your replacement card, you will need to contact your branch so that they can look into it for you.

Thanks
    Pat

Thanks Pat for the reply, I have also just finished university and currently have a student account, has this affected it at all?

regards

-Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi irisheyez,

As we do not have account access here, we would not be able to say why you did not receive a Visa Debit card during the roll out. As Pat stated, you will need to get in touch with your branch to have this looked into.

Thanks,
    Tara

will do thanks Tara!

-Irish

• Advertisement
Advertisement