Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Restaurant

Options
  • 19-10-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend an Indian Restaurant in Dublin City Centre? Many thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

On the more upmarket side I like Jaipur. For cheap-but-decent, Diwali. Both on South Great George's Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Jaipur is very tasty but expensive. Konkan on Clonbrassil Street is delicious and fairly priced. It's probably my favourite place to eat in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Thanks a mill for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Your thread made me laugh. You know Ruby is the cockney rhyming slang word for curry? (Ruby Murray = Curry, so you'd say "anyone up for a Ruby?" if asking mates to go for an Indian with you :D I digress). Diwali, in my opinion, does THE best curry in Dublin. You never have to book either and the standard of food is amazing - definitely give it a go! http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d1942853-Reviews-Diwali_Indian_Nepalese_Restaurant-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Konkan on Clonbrassil Street is delicious and fairly priced.
    Totally agree. I just wouldn't call it city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Merkin wrote: »
    Your thread made me laugh. You know Ruby is the cockney rhyming slang word for curry? (Ruby Murray = Curry, so you'd say "anyone up for a Ruby?" if asking mates to go for an Indian with you :D I digress). Diwali, in my opinion, does THE best curry in Dublin. You never have to book either and the standard of food is amazing - definitely give it a go! http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186605-d1942853-Reviews-Diwali_Indian_Nepalese_Restaurant-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

Maybe I should change my K to M so :D

Thanks for the link!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Not city centre but Kinara Kitchen in Ranelagh was probably the nicest curry I've had in Dublin.

Its Pakistani as opposed to Indian though the difference is mute unless you are from either Pakistan or India really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Madina, just off Henry street( Mary Street iirc ) is the most authentic i've tasted. It has both nothern and southern Indian and also Pakistani food at ridicously low prices. Don't be put off by the outside. The downstairs looks 'cafe' esque.. but it's a lot more resteraunt-y upstairs. It's the most similar to any food I ate when I lived in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I had a chicken dish in there a while ago and it was full off bones,put me right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Hootanany wrote: »
    I had a chicken dish in there a while ago and it was full off bones,put me right off.

Is maloti on william street south still there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement