Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SecureWave Main Panel Battery Life?

Options
  • 19-10-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

How long should the battery in the main panel last?
    It has been installed less than 2 years and is showing up a fault, the batteries in the wireless units all are okay.
    I expected the panel battery to last 5+years, am I wrong in thinking that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

You should get around 5 years out of it. Have you had a lot of power outages ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭UrsusMaritimus

A few but nothing much lately, some work been done on the house during the summer which involved a couple of switch off's for a few hours.

Anyone know the minimum signal strength a PIR should have with the main panel, one PIR gives a supervisory alarm every now and then and it has had the battery changed out but still happens very intermittently. It is the PIR with the lowest signal level, will move it to see if it fixes the problem but any ideas greatly appreciated.

How far is the PIR from the panel ? They usually have a fantastic range .
    Are you using HKC beams or a quickbridge system ?

it is not too far but from the panel to the pir there is a block wall running at an angle the whole ways between the two, i think this is the reason for the signal loss, there is another pir on the panel side of the wall that gets great signal. It is no problem to move the PIR but would a "supervisory alarm" suggest low signal level or a break in signal when they battery in the PIR is fine?

I don't know what you mean by beams and quickbridge, teh system is a SecureWave 10-70 if that helps, it didn't have an add on wireless card.

Thanks for the reply.

A supervisory fault is the panel telling you the sensor is not checking in ok . It's most likely due to the weak signal . Moving the PIR will fix this

• Advertisement

great, thanks.

Advertisement