Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilronan Castle Roscommon- Haunted?

Options
  • 19-10-2012 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

Does anyone have any info on Kilronan Castle in Roscommon being haunted?

Quick internet search doesnt really bring up anything but I remember being there last Christmas for my works Christmas party and the place scared the bejeeesus out of me.

Also one of my colleagues was in the bathrooms and said she could hear a choir singing. I went in two seconds later (just passed her) and heard nothing.

:confused:

Its a very dark place inside, dark wood on the walls and creepy suits of armour.

uhhhh even thinking about it i get the creeps.

The grounds are scary as fOOOk too :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Is there any history of it being haunted, or are you basing it all on the place looking creepy?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

maccored wrote: »
    Is there any history of it being haunted, or are you basing it all on the place looking creepy?

In all fairness I think thats what the original poster is asking here. "Is there any history of it being haunted", then follows it up with a general impression of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Exactly! I havent heard any reports of it being haunted but I got a weird feeling there and wasn't comfortable there at all so I was wondering if anyone had any information or if it was just me being a looper :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Riamfada wrote: »
    In all fairness I think thats what the original poster is asking here. "Is there any history of it being haunted", then follows it up with a general impression of the place.

ah .... I suppose right enough. I wonder if my chipper is haunted. I havent heard it as being so, but it looks creepy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

maccored wrote: »
    ah .... I suppose right enough. I wonder if my chipper is haunted. I havent heard it as being so, but it looks creepy.

My friend told me that your chipper is haunted, but then again he could have been CODing me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hey Ive never heard any reports of anything from Kilronan Castle. Sorry mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mike folan

I was there last year for the June bank holiday weekend for a cousins wedding and spent two nights in it. The place seemed ok to me and I certainly didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in it anyway.

Would have been a much more interesting wedding if something did happen. :D

Every castle has a history or story of them being haunted and i mean every. The similarities are amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Every castle has a history or story of them being haunted and i mean every. The similarities are amazing.

how do you mean?

RGDATA! wrote: »
    how do you mean?

You have ........

White lady
    Blue Lady
    Green Lady
    Red Lady

Blue Boy
    Green Boy
    Red Boy

Lady who walks the stairs
    Lady who can be seen looking out the window
    Lady who jumped from the castle
    Lady (maid who became pregnant by the owner of the castle)
    The Daughter not allowed marry
    The Daughter who became pregnant out of wedlock

The child who fell from the castle
    The murdered Wife/Husband/Brother/Sister

The children who can be heard playing upstairs
    The Children who can be heard playing in the hall
    The children who can be heard playing in the garden

The Murdered Monk
    The Murdered Priest
    The Murdered Servant

• Advertisement
Advertisement