Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can someone help please?

• 19-10-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

im no good at technology but my son is looking for an ipad for xmas personally i think he is too young(5) but he uses his aunties ipad and thinks its the best thing ever. I am looking for an alternative tablet to this if at all possible?

any advice greatly appreciated
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Sensor

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056672121

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Dont know if its still this price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

2 points

1. Way too young for having his own iPad.

2. Perfect age for using an iPad

My lad who is 5 now has been using mine (iPad 1 and now New iPad) since he was 3.
    Loves it, the games, videos, songs photos all the educational apps etc.
    He's always taken great care with them never dropped them or mishandled them (apart from sticky fingers)
    He can use it nearly as well as me.

But.... It's my iPad not his. He's given it for a set amount of time and only if behaviour is good that day. If you were getting one yourself or for the whole family to use, no problem letting him having time on it. To get him his own one though would be mad.

My tuppence worth
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dreya

Thanks R but as I said myself I think he is too young but it doesnt help me regarding a suggestion for a similar tablet that would be age appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The 7 inch iPad is just around the corner, $249 or so. Alternatively, Google's Nexus 7 ($199) or save big time and buy some fly by night tablet from the far East. ;)

And the Nabi tablet for kids has just arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

My two year old uses her mommy's ipad. She can count to 15 and identify all the letters of the alphabet (my two year old that is :D
    We watch barney on netflix, we draw on it and it's in a griffin survivor case that can take any abuse.
    Look, it's expensive. I'm still paying for it! But there is nothing, and I mean nothing out there that has the app advantage of this thing. And believe me, I'm no apple fanboy!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Go for an android! Around 100 quid for an okay one and just as many apps as apple

Advertisement