Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grandfather

• 19-10-2012 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Ive been working my way through my ancestors and have being doing ok.... except for my maternal grandfather (David Skerrett b around 1926) and his family, complete mystery. I was told by a few family relatives that he was in the army, convinced they even saw a photo of him in uniform at one stage. I have found no record of him being in the army at all. His life seems to be a complete mystery. I believe his father to be David Charles Skerrett and his mother Mary Pierce, but I cant find any info on these only that there was a David Charles Skerrett born in 1903 in a cork barracks. I saw my mums birth cert today and her dads occupation is recorded as 'Lab' which I assume is Labourer. Is 'Skerrett such an unusual name'? They really are a mystery to me......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭RGM

Did you see that there's a David Skerritt born around 1904 in Dublin who was in an orphanage in Swords in 1911?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Elizabetha

Hi ,really? dont know how I missed that, I'll check it out thanks .....

Advertisement