Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is in the LCVP course?

• 19-10-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi I'm currently doing LCVP but I have no idea what I have to do as our teacher is very bad and doesn't know what she is doing at all.. So what is involved in the exam and what is involved in the portfolio?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭fontdor

Hi I'm currently doing LCVP but I have no idea what I have to do as our teacher is very bad and doesn't know what she is doing at all.. So what is involved in the exam and what is involved in the portfolio?
    Cheers!

well basically we have so far done tow things a career investigation and a careers vitae. We had to type them up. Then As I heard we have a exam coming up in may which is said to be easy its like business. So basically if you are good at business you will get the 70 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

you do a cv, career investigation, a summary report and a work experience diary. if you done forth yr you may be able to use your work exp from that but you will have to do work exp in 5th yr if you didn't. The portfolio is worth 40% and you also do a written exam thats worth 40& and I think the interview is worth 20%, usually its just a teacher asking you simple questions.
    theres not much to lcvp its handy for extra points if you don't do too well in your other subjects. Its good if your doing business in the lc as some of the stuff that comes up in the paper is linked in with it, but there isnt loads to learn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Cheers!
    Everything you need to know!! :Dhttp://lcvp.slss.ie/aboutlcvp.html

Advertisement