Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Weather

Options
  • 19-10-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭

Hi guys this is not knocking Met Eireann just wondering where the change in the weather has come from, last night after the news Evelyn showed the charts for Sat and Sun, she said it would be nice and dry and temps could even reach 16 degrees on Sunday.

Driving in the car at lunctime listening to the forecast at one it said that winds would reach gale force tomorrow evening and on Sunday in the West with rain or drizzle, what happened to change this ?????

Meant to say slack winds, thats what I am wondering about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Certainly no gales forecast for the weekend on the Met Eireann website. Not even possible with higher pressure building over Ireland.
    Apart from a little drizzle or light showers near south coasts, Saturday night will be dry and mild with light winds. Sunday will be dry and bright in most areas with reasonably good sunny spells, though a few showers are possible across southern counties. Southeast winds will be light to moderate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thats what I thought it it possible to play back the weather at five to one on RTE 1 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Driving in the car at lunctime listening to the forecast at one it said that winds would reach gale force tomorrow evening and on Sunday in the West with rain or drizzle, what happened to change this ?????

Can't find the actual forecast on the RTE player but I wonder did they mean to say offshore? The pressure gradient is expected to tighten a little off the west coast tomorrow eve into Sunday as weak fronts skirt up along it which could bring some gale gusts offshore.

Thanks DE i thought I was hearing things, its beginning to cloud over from the West here now hopefully it will be ok tomorrow, today was a beauty.

Any storms showing up in the next week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

If it was 12:55 then it was most likely the Sea Area forecast that you heard.

• Advertisement

Su Campu wrote: »
    If it was 12:55 then it was most likely the Sea Area forecast that you heard.

Correct

Storm 10 wrote: »

Any storms showing up in the next week or so.

None unfortunately. Sunny and cool will be the order of the day, about as bland as it can possibly get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

None unfortunately. Sunny and cool will be the order of the day, about as bland as it can possibly get.
    Farmers will be happy though.

mud+2.jpg

Well that's put me in my place..:p

Advertisement