Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link to another website

Options
  • 19-10-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I want to create a link to a particular part of another website, i.e. when the user clicks the link she will be brought to a particular paragraph rather than having to scroll down.

I know I can do this easily by using a named anchor in the target page, but I don't own the target website so can't add anything to it. Is there another way of achieving this outcome?

I'd be grateful for any help you could give me. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

If there's no a name the next thing to see is if there is an id in use at the desired position. name is being phased out (slowly) in favour of id mainly due to id's greater functionality.

If there's no name or id you'll have to do something like instruct the user to scroll to the relevant bit.

Advertisement