Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Apartment breaking lease

• 19-10-2012 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning to leave the apartment I'm currently living in, they're student rooms/apartments. There's 6 or 7 people here in the same apartment. The problem I'm having is 3 of them are up late every night playing loud music and I can't sleep, my room isn't sound proof at all. Last night for example they were up till 6 am and I ended up missing my 9am lecture, this is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened, the course I'm doing is very intensive and I can't afford to keep missing lectures.

I've asked them to keep the sound down but it hasn't helped.

I paid a 300e deposit and pay 430e rent a month. I moved in just under 2 months ago, next months rent is due around the 7th. I signed a 9 month lease at the beginning of September.

I'm pretty sure I`ll end up loosing my deposit right? Am I liable for anything else? I'm going to ring the landlord in a few hours and explain the situation to him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Well I just spoke to the landlord and he said he understood my situation and has no problem refunding my deposit.

It's rare to come across a landlord like that judging from my previous experiences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Its rare, but unfortunately he's just taking the easy way out; letting you go rather than sorting out the rowdy and distruptive tenants who are probably annoying the neighbours and other flatmates too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

nuxxx- glad that you're getting your deposit back without issue- though I do have to agree, the landlord is taking the easy way out of this.

Please open a new thread if you're looking for new accommodation elsewhere- which I hope you find rapidly (if you haven't done so already).

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement