Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pages and Keynote or Quickoffice Pro for iPad ???

• 19-10-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all I just got my new iPad yesterday for college and im delighted ! Im doing my course from home so its a lot of downloading and documents just wondering anyone have any advice on which of the above apps to get ??? cheers !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I recommened NOT getting Evernote. I used it for ages, and it was awesome, then in an update they removed the ability to see your notes offline, and only accessible if you subscribe to their software (€5 a month!!). Im currently looking for something else that will do the same job without this annoyance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Africa wrote: »
    I recommened NOT getting Evernote. I used it for ages, and it was awesome, then in an update they removed the ability to see your notes offline, and only accessible if you subscribe to their software (€5 a month!!). Im currently looking for something else that will do the same job without this annoyance :)

I do not believe this is the case. I am still using it and have no trouble viewing all notes offline. Only the Premium version costs €5pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Shylock16 wrote: »
    Hi all I just got my new iPad yesterday for college and im delighted ! Im doing my course from home so its a lot of downloading and documents just wondering anyone have any advice on which of the above apps to get ??? cheers !!!

You don't really describe what uses you have for any app you chose to help you. Your course people are sending you what docs ? what format ? what do you want to do with these docs ? sync with PC/Mac ? write coursework on iPad ? etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Shylock16

Piliger wrote: »
    You don't really describe what uses you have for any app you chose to help you. Your course people are sending you what docs ? what format ? what do you want to do with these docs ? sync with PC/Mac ? write coursework on iPad ? etc etc etc

Hi sorry yeah there pdfs mostly and the assignments will be done through .doc format. i have a windows laptop aswell so any files will be transfered to that and sent away ! i was edging towards pages and keynote just unsure if the supported microsoft office documents and if so to what extent ! cheers for the response !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Shylock16 wrote: »
    Hi sorry yeah there pdfs mostly and the assignments will be done through .doc format. i have a windows laptop aswell so any files will be transfered to that and sent away ! i was edging towards pages and keynote just unsure if the supported microsoft office documents and if so to what extent ! cheers for the response !

Pages and Keynote do work well with Office Documents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Personally I've tried to use pages to work with Microsoft word documents and it always falls short. I don't think it deals with images that well and any additional formatting you do on your document in word might not translate to pages.

Advertisement