Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Checking iPhone serial number (phone version)?

• 19-10-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭

When you enter an iPhone serial number on their site, will it tell you if the phone is a 4 or 4s ? I know about the physical difference in the phone (Alu band - antenna gate), but will the site verify?

I'm on the verge of buying one & have the serial number but haven't seen the physical device.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

Thanks, but when you enter the serial does the results page tell you if it's a 4 or 4s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

It tells me I am on an iPhone 5 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OU812 wrote: »
    Thanks, but when you enter the serial does the results page tell you if it's a 4 or 4s?

You have the serial no. of the phone you're thinking of buying, you're on the web (because you're typing posts here), you have the web address of the Apple website, so.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Find out the model number and google it. Or you know, just use the self serve support Apple site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

Yeah, you're not getting it...

If you enter the serial number it reports it as an iPhone 4. Jimdagym said his reported as an iphone 5.

I wanted to know did it differentiate between iPhone 4 & iPhone 4s. I'm assuming at this point it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

OU812 wrote: »
    Yeah, you're not getting it...

If you enter the serial number it reports it as an iPhone 4. Jimdagym said his reported as an iphone 5.

I wanted to know did it differentiate between iPhone 4 & iPhone 4s. I'm assuming at this point it does.

If it is saying its a 4, then it is. It would absolutely differentiate between a 4 and a 4s.

Advertisement