Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Much to Get an Accountant to do your CGT?

• 19-10-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, roughly how much would I expect an accountant to charge to go through my brokerage receipts and calculate the CGT I have to pay on the profits minus the offset for a few losses? About 25 trades in all spread over 2 years.

How do I even choose an accountant? Golden pages? Many thanks for any help, as you might have guessed Ive never needed this service before...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clamg

Hi, the costs of accountants varies so you should ask for a fee up front. Try savetax.ie. They did a good job on my CGT.
    Also, it can be a good idea to get a recommendation from a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thanks Clamg, sorry for not getting back to you after your first post on Boards.ie! Hope I didnt give you a bad impression of the place...

If you had to take a rough stab at it though bearing in mind its pure bought for x sold for y with no ambiguity and I want the cheapest, what should I be aiming for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

You could have a chat with revenue and they'd help you calculate your cgt foc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Really? I didnt know that, theres currency and a couple of big losses I want to offset though, will they go through all that? Might just do that so, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Thargor wrote: »
    Really? I didnt know that, theres currency and a couple of big losses I want to offset though, will they go through all that? Might just do that so, thanks.

Just to be clear they won't do it for you, they'll help you to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement