Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Leaving Cert books/grinds

• 19-10-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello all, i have seen this topic covered a couple of times in the past but want to establish the current views on the subject. I did a Maths degree in the UK, graduating in 2002 and am now thinking to start offering grinds in Ireland but need to get back up to speed in Maths and also the Leaving Cert curriculum. Can anyone shed any light on the best book(s) that i should study? Regards, G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jacklc2014

Go in to examinations.ie curriculum is there and all past paper for free with solutions.
    We are using active maths 4 and 5,text and test and Concise maths are the other books i know of.Go into a schoolbook shop and have a look through them, see what you like.But if your giving grinds and especially to 5th years they will want to follow their book so you might need to buy a few different ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rugrats

jacklc2014 wrote: »
    Go in to examinations.ie curriculum is there and all past paper for free with solutions.

You can't teach from those past exam papers. The course has been changing gradually since 2011, and by the 2014 exam, it will have totally have changed from the old course to Project Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gggg

many thanks Jacklc

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gggg

ok.. I just want to firstly get up to speed with the actual level of Maths - not too concerned abouth the course detail just now. Is there any book which focusses on the subject rather than the course itself?

2012 papers will have some of the new course as it is been phased in,also the new curriculum changes will be on this site. the sample project maths papers are available on the site as well.

• Advertisement

Meant to say 'engineer Ireland' have free online leaving cert video's,have a look it might be of help to you.

Advertisement