Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Won a bag of vegetables

Options
  • 19-10-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I won a bag of vegetables yesterday and I'm not the best cook so I don't have a clue what to do with them. It's quite a lage bag so I don't even know if I'll be able to use them all.

The bag contains 5 parsnips, 5 onions, lots of kale, spring onions and mixed leaves.

What could I do/make?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Soup? There's a big soup thread in this forum if you search, and soup can be frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Alidee

Give to the poor garda sergeants wife to jazz up the "cornflake days".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Make big pot of soup and freeze the left overs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

This soup uses kale and it taste amazing - I've made it many times:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/mar/13/nigel-slater-recipes-with-lemons?cat=lifeandstyle&type=article

I sometimes add a couple of chicken breasts in at the beginning an let them poach, then slice them up at the end and add them in to the soup.

Kale is also really good added to stir fries and you can substitute it for cabbage in most recipes where cabbage is used. I find it doesn't keep that long in the fridge so will probably need to be used fairly quickly.

For the parsnips there are loads of soup recipes you could try. Look for some that use parmesan or spices. Really delicious. Parsnips will keep for a while as long as they're store somewhere cool and dry. Don't store them in plastic bags or wrappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Vegetable curry...

• Advertisement
Advertisement