Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irelands dark unbelly...

• 19-10-2012 4:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭

the thread about the leg being found on the beach got me thinkin. you hear of people goin missing and we all know of larry murphy and suspect he did more than he was caught for doing. how much deep dark stuff do you think goes on in ireland under the radar? Could there be serial killers or cults operating in ireland who are responsible for dark things we dont know about.

when you read about people like ted bundy and geoffrey dahmer you have to wonder if ireland has had a guy like them but uncaught. like zodiac killer, he was never caught in the end.

could there be some plush d4 home with a dank basement under it where a obese 60 year old man cuts up children while wearin surgical overals and uses welders on them and stuff?

how much darkness is going on under the surface here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Wtf is an unbelly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

How did you get in my basement?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

meant underbelly haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Are you asking how much darkness is under the surface of the "unbelly"? Then that would be the un-unbelly...we are really delving deep if thats the case. You'd probably find all sorts down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Hello Internet Hero

I want to play a game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

meant underbelly haha

Last time i checked my underbelly had some sweat, 36c and the remote control for the DVD player

Are you asking how much darkness is under the surface of the "unbelly"? Then that would be the un-unbelly...we are really delving deep if thats the case. You'd probably find all sorts down there

yes. a lot of dark stuff i would guess is there

And he went forth and proclaimed!: there shall be no capital letters from this moment onward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I was the second shooter on the grassy knoll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

You watch too many movies.

Yes, there are/were a lot of sickos in the states, but it is a vast country, lots of remote places where things can go unnoticed for years, higher population etc. Can't do much in this country without someone hearing of it or stumbling across it.

IMO about the leg, probably drugs gangs settling an old score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Truly, an unbellyable thread.
    I think you must be very bored, (he says after googling 'unbelly')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Remember Ciaran Noonan? Abducted in broad daylight in Dublin and found murdered in a field in Meath weeks later?

I would say scumbag criminal gangs such as that responsible for his murder are behind the vast majority of these disappearances. And call me naive, but I honestly don't understand why the authorities are so unbelievably helpless to do anything about it. We have this constant theme of "we know he's in the gang but we can't pin him to any specific crimes" - can we not just do an IRA job on it and make them "illegal organizations", so that mere mebership of the organization becomes enough to put people away?

Remember Ciaran Noonan? Abducted in broad daylight in Dublin and found murdered in a field in Meath weeks later?

I would say scumbag criminal gangs such as that responsible for his murder are behind the vast majority of these disappearances. And call me naive, but I honestly don't understand why the authorities are so unbelievably helpless to do anything about it. We have this constant theme of "we know he's in the gang but we can't pin him to any specific crimes" - can we not just do an IRA job on it and make them "illegal organizations", so that mere mebership of the organization becomes enough to put people away?

yes criminal gangs do allot probably, but id say there are also sexual villians who are turned on by using tools on people like that guy in sin city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Leave it to the Sunday Indo. Op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Think I'm going to need a tummy tuck after my last baby - can't see it going away itself or with exercise.
    This is what we're talking about here yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

yes criminal gangs do allot probably, but id say there are also sexual villians who are turned on by using tools on people like that guy in sin city

The lights are on, but it appears there is no one at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

What if, in the basement of some luxury hotel or inconspicuous office block, there's an "Elite Hunting" branch like those in the "Hostel" films? :pac:

Gee Bag wrote: »
    The lights are on, but it appears there is no one at home.

theyd leave the lights on to make it look like they are upstairs but they are in the basement doing sick things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Wtf is an unbelly?

unbelly; {un-bell-y} n. A device used to remove a persons belly.

E.g.

Im going to kill you with my unbelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

theyd leave the lights on to make it look like they are upstairs but they are in the basement doing sick things...

My suspicions are confirmed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

You thinking pre-junior cert nerves as well?
    Gee Bag wrote: »
    My suspicions are confirmed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Wow! Those sound like some real cunning criminals.

Like, that would fool everyone! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Misdirection. The devious bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

could there be some plush d4 home with a dank basement under it where a obese 60 year old man cuts up children while wearin surgical overals and uses welders on them and stuff?
    how much darkness is going on under the surface here
    Ehhhh... I'm not sure if it's all under the surface now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Feet have been washing up on the shore of Canada for years

Since August 20 2007, several detached human feet have been discovered on the coasts of the Salish Sea in British Columbia (Canada) and Washington (United States). The feet belong to five men, one woman, and three other persons of unknown sex, the two left feet having been matched with two of the right feet. As of February 2012, only five feet of four persons have been identified; it is not known to whom the rest of the feet belong. In addition, a hoax "foot" was planted on Vancouver Island.

Boombastic wrote: »

Since August 20 2007, several detached human feet have been discovered on the coasts of the Salish Sea in British Columbia (Canada) and Washington (United States). The feet belong to five men, one woman, and three other persons of unknown sex, the two left feet having been matched with two of the right feet. As of February 2012, only five feet of four persons have been identified; it is not known to whom the rest of the feet belong. In addition, a hoax "foot" was planted on Vancouver Island.

definitely a killer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Could there be serial killers or cults operating in ireland who are responsible for dark things we dont know about.
    id say there are also sexual villians who are turned on by using tools on people like that guy in sin city

You've got some disturbingly graphic depictions of what 'might' be going on in Ireland's dark underbelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

There's a mafia based in Dublin 2 who operate with not just impunity from the law but with guarda protection.

You've got some disturbingly graphic depictions of what 'might' be going on in Ireland's dark underbelly.

what you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

Zebra3 wrote: »
    There's a mafia based in Dublin 2 who operate with not just impunity from the law but with guarda protection.

You forgot the smiley to indicate your joking because you can't be serious!!

talla10 wrote: »
    You forgot the smiley to indicate your joking because you can't be serious!!

Except I'm not. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

But it's all a secret and there's no evidence like names of the Gardai who guard them, or anything at all which could substantiate the claim, right?

But it's all a secret and there's no evidence like names of the Gardai who guard them, or anything at all which could substantiate the claim, right?

They are based in Kildare St.

*Awaits penny to drop*

how do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

how do you know?

It's well known about the D2 mafia, they're always on the news. I can't believe you never heard of them:eek:

• Advertisement

It's well known about the D2 mafia, they're always on the news. I can't believe you never heard of them:eek:

never watch the news :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

what you mean?

That your descriptions might be giving us an insight into what goes on in your head rather than what's going on in Ireland's dark underbelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I want to hear more about bellies, dark, bright, under, over, doesn't matter, just tell me about your bellies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Has nobody seen Jaws? We must immediately close the beach to the all the thousands of people who will inexplicably want to swim there and invest all our money in catamarans and highly explosive gas canisters.

That your descriptions might be giving us an insight into what goes on in your head rather than what's going on in Ireland's dark underbelly.

theres nothing so strange that it hasnt gone on under the sun. thats the point im making. we dont know the half of the deep dark sh1t that goes on out there. right now there could be a trembling obese man, soaked in the blood of the child he just ate, sitting at the altar in his basement made of childrens rotting corpse, masterbating in a buzzing cloud of flies... we dont know how weird the world could be is what im saying. do you know how that leg turned up on that beach?

• Advertisement

theres nothing so strange that it hasnt gone on under the sun. thats the point im making. we dont know the half of the deep dark sh1t that goes on out there. right now there could be a trembling obese man, soaked in the blood of the child he just ate, sitting at the altar in his basement made of childrens rotting corpse, masterbating in a buzzing cloud of flies... we dont know how weird the world could be is what im saying. do you know how that leg turned up on that beach? do you even want to know? i dont....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

in fairness to the OP, people have been going missing in Ireland for decades....

You are all possibily too young to remember the philip cairns case

http://www.missing.ws/_missingPersons/missingPersons.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Between the abuse seen here and further afield by Irish clergymen and laymen in Australia and the USA, we've produced our fair share of sick people. I remember an American documentary where they pointed to the particular breeding patterns, small island and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Forget about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

a man with 4 feet!:eek:

Between the abuse seen here and further afield by Irish clergymen and laymen in Australia and the USA, we've produced our fair share of sick people. I remember an American documentary where they pointed to the particular breeding patterns, small island and all.

it goes to show ireland has no shortage of monsters. some of them are surely still behind closed doors, acting out there insane fantasies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Hey, I got so locked this evening - I lost me leg on the beach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

I used have a dark underbelly but lately Ive noticed alot of grey pubes springing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭MrScootch

Dark and shady organisation plotting evil behind closed doors...?
    Oh you mean Fianna Fail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement