Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is all my flippin songs gone - itunes problem !?

• 19-10-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭

I went to back them up using these instructions

http://ipod.about.com/od/restoreandreformatipod/ss/Backup-Itunes-To-External-Hd_2.htm

Now my files have dissapeared form my itunes (not all files, I went to play a track and it says it cant locate it)

If I go to My Music>Ipod>itunes - all my folders used to be in there and now only about 1 2oth of them are there

Please help.

My itunes is still showing that I have 10,225 songs on my itunes but where the hell are all my files gone.

I deffo did not delete them but followed the instructions above and then they dissappeared.

Any help appreciated, I know they are there on my pc but where :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Seems to me you didn't follow the instructions fully.

The About page assumes you loaded the songs to your computer in some random folder(s) at the time you acquired them, and iTunes had to remember all of these locations.

The About page tells you how to tell iTunes to make a copy of all of these files around your computer and put all of these copies in one central location within the iTunes folder, leaving those other copies still in place.

If iTunes now cannot find them, then the best thing to do imho, assuming that the centralisation step took place (use finder to check if the folder within the iTunes folder is now full of ALL of your music) is to delete all song entries in iTunes (NOT the files just the entries) and then go and 'Add to Library..' everything in that central iTunes folder again.

Advertisement