Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange 2007 - Can't send mail to a particular domain

Options
  • 19-10-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hope someone can assist. My knowledge of what happens outside a LAN is limited.

Problem - Cannot send emails to 1 domain from Exchange 2007.

Header record from company mail –
    Received: from mail.xxxx.ie (mail.xxxxgroup.ie [123.123.123.123])
    by dubx.abcdefgh.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 6F0456406D
    for <an.other@nnn.ie>; Fri, 19 Oct 2012 12:15:36 +0100 (IST)

MX records point to mail.xxxxgroup.ie while my Exchange server is mail.xxxx.ie. Should these be one and the same?
    I appear to be able to send emails to all and sundry except for 1 domain. I always get a send delayed message from Exchange to my Outlook when attempting to send to someone at this particular domain, a global company. The Exchange Queue shows 400 4.4.7 Message Delay. I can successfully send to the same address from google mail and yahoo mail.
    Using DNSStuff, all test results, including reverse lookup, were positive with the exception of SPF records.
    I have no SPF records – could this be the reason that my emails are not being delivered?
    It is bewildering that I can send emails to everyone else but not to this one company and I can't get in touch with any IT person in this company to see if they are blocking our domain.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

What are you using for your firewall? Some of the old Cisco PIX models do unusual SMTP checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 StradBally

No Cisco devices here, but possibly at the receiving end.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Not getting all the info from your post !!

Are you sending emails directly,by using DNS MX records OR you send to a "middle man " ISP server type of !?

If you send directly,some servers don't talk to your servers due to various settings and reasons !
    If you send via ISP,then it should be fine from your end,issues possible at their end !

What i normal do is send emails directly,server-to-server but create custom SMTP connectors (Send Connectors) and assign that connection to that particular domain,ie if emails sent to user@nnn.ie are failing using direct mx smtp send,i'm using my ISP to send emails to via custom Send Connector only for that domain.

In Exchange Console,you have a tool to analyze/troubleshot emails flow...use it !

Have fun...

Advertisement