Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to Mandurah

Options
  • 19-10-2012 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

So Iam thinking of heading to Mandurah, Is anyone here living there?
    Looking for advice on what part of town to rent a house in and what parts to avoid. Would like somewhere kinda close to the centre and the beach. Also what schools are good? have 2 kids in primary and 1 in secondary, not fussed if we go private or public, but if private would have a preference for catholic.
    Whats the social scene like there, Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants, Theatre, Etc.
    Pros and Cons about the place? and any other relevant info would be great.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

I've never been to Mandurah but my girlfriend has lived there all her life.

She says that theres not much difference between private and public primary schools and recommends Falcon primary or Mandurha Catholic College.

When it comes to secondary school she says its best to go private Mandurha Catholic College also run second level education.

coodanup is to be avoided most places "in town" im told are pretty alright. Meadow Springs is meant to be nice and close to the beach. Check out the visit mandurah website below for the rest of the answers you're looking for.

http://www.visitmandurah.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

ifeelill wrote: »
    I've never been to Mandurah but my girlfriend has lived there all her life.

How does that work??!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Meant majority of her life ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Hi Sponge Bob,

Iv been living in Mandurah for 18 months now so hopefully I can give yousome helpful info.

Its a pretty quiet town that had an explosion of population in the last 15years.
    Suburbs Id reccomend as meeting your criteria would be:
    Halls Head
    Falcon
    San Remo

These are all by the beach and are close to the Town Centre. Meadow springsis also a decent suburb but not as close to the beach but to be fair asMandurah is pretty small you are pretty much always a short drive to the beach.
    I'd Greenfields, Coodanup and some parts of Dudley Park, however there arealso examples of some nice places in these suburbs.

Re Schools I’m afraid I can’t help, hopefully I won’t have to be worryingabout them for a few more years!!

Socially Mandurah is ok. I have a good group of friends so we always gotsomething on the go. There are a number of pubs some good some bad and a coupleof clubs.

Also in the entertainment plaza there is a cinema and a Performing Artscentre. http://www.manpac.com.au/

Eating out can be decent enough. Check out the Urbanspoon page for moredetails
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/n/338/40111/Perth/Mandurah-restaurants
    I’ve eaten in most of them, and there are some good restaurants.

There are loads of clubs groups society etc. You can check out the City ofMandurahs website for more info

If you have any more questions I can try help

Advertisement