Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

kmart6 wrote: »
    Why do I have a feeling Ronaldinho's awful penalty is going to be hailed as a magnificent fe from the worlds leading keeper!?

In fairness he did very well to get up again and claw it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

In fairness he did very well to get up again and claw it out.
    Yeah I'll give him that I suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nolars wrote: »
    Whats going on guys just recently got accepted for the soccer forum. Big united fan watching the England game now with a key eye on uniteds trio.

Is Mike Phelan

A. A yes man []
    B. A tactical genius []

NB. Indicate answer with an 'x' in box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Is Mike Phelan

A. A yes man []
    B. A tactical genius []

C. Sexy in shorts [x]

C. Sexy in shorts [x]

Knew I forgot something.

Is Roy Keane a regular on ITV? got a shock when I switched over and heard the Cork accent in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Is Mike Phelan

A. A yes man [X]
    B. A tactical genius []

Definitely not a tactical genius. Does look good in shorts tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Knew I forgot something.

Is Roy Keane a regular on ITV? got a shock when I switched over and heard the Cork accent in the background.

He's been a regular for a couple of years now I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

RVP only played 45 mins. Wish they would take the Utd lads off for England

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

RVP taken off at half time.

Valencia has just scored for Ecuador against Portugal.

Hopefully that'll boost his confidence.

• Advertisement

Valencia scored against Portugal. That won't do his confidence any harm

For fcuk sake that's twice I'm just late posting something! Fupp off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

For fcuk sake that's twice I'm just late posting something! Fupp off!

you too slooooow Manning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

you too slooooow Manning

Hes no Peyton..

And Ronaldo scores, Valencia was beaten a bit too easily by him in he box.

Blatter wrote: »
    And Ronaldo scores, Valencia was beaten a bit too easily by him in he box.

He can get it outta his system so it doesn't happen next Wednesday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When was the last time Val scored a goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Blackburn away last year ? Last one I remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hopefully Antonio Valencia can get back to his usual reliable self now. Rooney with another one tonight. He really does score in bursts. Hopefully it continues vs Everton and Real Madrid....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Nani got the assist for the second Portugal goal.

Really can't wait for this Madrid game now, hopefully we get a good overall performance from the team.

My only worry is RVP playing against Pepe and Ramos, the last thing we need is him getting injured now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Just tonight, ironically ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Really can't wait for this Madrid game now, hopefully we get a good overall performance from the team.

My only worry is RVP playing against Pepe and Ramos, the last thing we need is him getting injured now.

Varane will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Ah lads, are ye joking?! Nani and Valencia square off against each other for their countries, an opportunity to put the debate to bed and it ends up a draw in terms of their contributions? Valencia scores but is poor on a Portugal goal and Nani with an assist. Back to square one. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is Mike Phelan

A. A yes man []
    B. A tactical genius []

Putting an x in a box will lead to imprisonment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just tonight, ironically ;)

I meant before tonight :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Nani ill just say I cant wait till we sell him and ill leave it at that :) Carrick has been a brilliant servant for us over the years and even though he isn't world class yea cant say much wrong about him. Welbeck needs to add goals to his game if he wants to succeed at united, I have never been a fan of him but he has shown some glimpses this season of what he could possibly do in the future, especially against liverpool.

Anderson is not fat, the camera angles just don't do him justice :/

DDG all the way its just the media making a big deal over a few mistakes haven't heard much on Reinas mistake against city or Hart has had a few rough moments this season.

Nice finish by rooney :)

You want to keep Wellbeck who you don't rate and could be good in the future. Yet you can't wait to get rid of our most creative winger when our other wingers have been muck all season. Welcome all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Nuts102 wrote: »
    You want to keep Wellbeck who you don't rate and could be good in the future. Yet you can't wait to get rid of our most creative winger when our other wingers have been muck all season. Welcome all the same.

Ah heyor, he's just got here. Give him a day or two before dragging him into the Nani debate argument war. :)

Yes our wingers haven't been good this season. I dunno how a winger can be creative if he cannot cross the bloody ball the amount of times his crosses hit the first man is beyond a joke. And he is so inconsistent no point having a player in your team who performs every now and again. At 26 years of age he should be an accomplished player where as Welbeck is 22 and has time to develop.

Ask yourself why after 6 years at united and he is not considered a regular first team player and when he does start he is always subbed....

Yes our wingers haven't been good this season. I dunno how a winger can be creative if he cannot cross the bloody ball the amount of times his crosses hit the first man is beyond a joke. And he is so inconsistent no point having a player in your team who performs every now and again. At 26 years of age he should be an accomplished player where as Welbeck is 22 and has time to develop.

Ask yourself why after 6 years at united and he is not considered a regular first team player and when he does start he is always subbed....

Looking at the amount of assists he has would make your point about him not being able to cross rather stupid for a start. Also Nani was a first team regular until an injury and a run in with Fergie try think back further then the last few months. All creative wingers are inconsistent.

We also have 3 wingers and two of them are inferior. Valencia is not as creative and has been terrible all season and Young is an inconcsistent less effective player than Nani.

You said you don't rate Wellbeck yet you would rather sell a proven player in a position where we have limited options and you prefer we keep a player you don;t rate in a position we have loads of options it's confusing.

• Advertisement

Looking at the amount of assists he has would make your point about him not being able to cross rather stupid for a start. Also Nani was a first team regular until an injury and a run in with Fergie try think back further then the last few months. All creative wingers are inconsistent.

We also have 3 wingers and two of them are inferior. Valencia is not creative and has been terrible all season and Young is an inconcsistent less effective player than Nani.

You said you don't rate Wellbeck yet you would rather sell a proven player in a position where we have limited options and you prefer we keep a player you don;t rate in a position we have loads of options it's confusing.

In the premier league he has like 1 assist where Valencia has like 4. His pass success rate is like the worst in the squad behind Jones, DDG and powell who played like 2 games. Its great how such a creative winger can pass so great.

I never said I don't rate Welbeck i said he needs to add goals to his game 1 goal for a striker isn't good enough. He is young he is a second choice striker, he has time to develop.

Yea the only reason he is at united is because we only have 3 wingers when we get Zaha in the summer and hopefully another winger Nani will be sold.

In the premier league he has like 1 assist where Valencia has like 4. His pass success rate is like the worst in the squad behind Jones, DDG and powell who played like 2 games. Its great how such a creative winger can pass so great.

I never said I don't rate Welbeck i said he needs to add goals to his game 1 goal for a striker isn't good enough. He is young he is a second choice striker, he has time to develop.

Yea the only reason he is at united is because we only have 3 wingers when we get Zaha in the summer and hopefully another winger Nani will be sold.

The fact you are using stats from this season to back up your point shows your desperation. Nani has played barely any games and has a goal and an assist. Seems you mentioned it after 25 games this season and 60 goals scored Valencia has 0 goals and 4 assists despite playing most games. That is patethic for a team top of the league.

Also i presume you have seen endless hours of Zaha to be confident he can step up into the Premier League and improve the team by getting rid of a world class winger. I hope your joking.

The fact you are using stats from this season to back up your point shows your desperation. Nani has played barely any games and has a goal and an assist. Seems you mentioned it after 25 games this season and 60 goals scored Valencia has 0 goals and 4 assists despite playing most games. That is patethic for a team top of the league.

Also i presume you have seen endless hours of Zaha to be confident he can step up into the Premier League and improve the team by getting rid of a world class winger. I hope your joking.

So if/when SAF sells Nani(A world class winger as you say for 10-15m) are you going to be outraged and demand what SAF is at? Are you gonna question his judgement as well?

The day Nani is not at united anymore i just cant imagine how hard its gonna be to watch your beloved united with that world-class creative influence on the wing gone..

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Less than a week lads.

Can't wait.

shrewdness wrote: »
    Less than a week lads.

Can't wait.

Predictions? Hope for a 1 - 1 any score draw will be good to take back to OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Predictions? Hope for a 1 - 1 any score draw will be good to take back to OT.

Completely unpredictable match. The way we have played against the big teams this year and with the form Madrid are in I genuinely feel we can go and get a win there.

But knowing the s**t we are capable of at times and they players they have, there is minor potential for an embarrassment too, really don't think that will happen though.

I'd take a high scoring draw but honestly I do believe we will win this game, 2-3 maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Our defence is too bad to hope for anything much. We can score, but we'll concede more. The question is how many. 3-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Depends on who plays in midfield for Madrid, I think we will struggle to get a foothold there which might work in our favour with a lot of good defending and luck cause we may be able to hit them on the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Apparantley in Japan's Match today where Kagawa scored and Got Man of the Match he had a 100% pass completion i.e didnt give the ball away once!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

markc91 wrote: »
    Apparantley in Japan's Match today where Kagawa scored and Got Man of the Match he had a 100% pass completion i.e didnt give the ball away once!!! :eek:

If I'm not wrong he made 2 assists and scored 1 goal. The pass for 2nd goal was just awesome defense splitting pass.

Couldn't find stats though for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

De Gea will be our saviour over the 2 legs. The critics will be silenced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RVD420 wrote: »

Not a criticism of De Gea but I'd prefer if he had nothing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

RVD420 wrote: »

I have to agree with you, this game is made for him to be the hero.
    2-2 away (RVP and Vidic) and 1-1 at home (Rooney), De Gea to make a world class save in the dying seconds to put us through.

And is anyone else a nervous wreck thinking about this game, ever since the ad on sky all I'm dreaming about is the various different ways Ronaldo is going to get a hat trick against us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    If I'm not wrong he made 2 assists and scored 1 goal. The pass for 2nd goal was just awesome defense splitting pass.

Couldn't find stats though for this game.

Didn't see or hear that he scored a goal but that second assist was a thing of beauty. Was even better than the assist he got for Rooneys goal last week.

Really think he could do well playing off Hernandez what with his speed. Might see that happen in the coming weeks when we have a slightly easier game just to give Rooney and RVP a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

s_carnage wrote: »
    Didn't see or hear that he scored a goal but that second assist was a thing of beauty. Was even better than the assist he got for Rooneys goal last week.

Really think he could do well playing off Hernandez what with his speed. Might see that happen in the coming weeks when we have a slightly easier game just to give Rooney and RVP a rest.

Livescore.com says 3rd goal was scored by Kagawa..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

are ye lot really confident that we will beat Real? i think they are the favourites...right now i tink Bayern, Barca and Real are the top top level and we are one step below them, which is nothing to be ashamed of to be honest, its just them three are just so so good.

i think we knocking out Real will take a huge huge effort and am doubtful that it will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

are ye lot really confident that we will beat Real? i think they are the favourites...right now i tink Bayern, Barca and Real are the top top level and we are one step below them, which is nothing to be ashamed of to be honest, its just them three are just so so good.

i think we knocking out Real will take a huge huge effort and am doubtful that it will happen.
    Something is not right at Madrid. Over the last few years I think now is as good a time as any to play them.
    City really should have beat them at the Bernabeu and they were poor at the Etihad.
    Dortmund outplayed them in both games.
    On their day they are pretty much unstoppable but those days are becoming less and less frequent. There's always a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I think we have a decent chance of beating them. Much better chance say than if we were playing them at this stage last year. Madrid are playing very poor in the league but like the first leg cup game against Valencia where they looked like they were going to get beaten well they just break at speed and are so potent at converting chances. They seem to just need one or two decent chances a game.

Both teams really need to up there games and we have shown we are well able to do that when playing superior opposition so why shouldn't we think that we could go through. I'd expect both games to be crackers anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Something is not right at Madrid. Over the last few years I think now is as good a time as any to play them.
    City really should have beat them at the Bernabeu and they were poor at the Etihad.
    Dortmund outplayed them in both games.
    On their day they are pretty much unstoppable but those days are becoming less and less frequent. There's always a chance.

something has not been right at liverpool for years and they still have beaten us in the past 2 years and weve struggled against them at times.

i think people are grossly overrating how bad they have been this year - that all goes out the window when we play them. it all depends on Ronaldo IMO, if the occasions gets to him, we have a great chance.

eitherway, i think they are favourites, as they have a better team than us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement