Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Leftist wrote: »
    It's the 7th of February and the title is in the bag? absolute rubbish.

only in 2001 have united won the league easily. We'll come within a couple of points of city again. I would bet money on it.

I don't think it's that unfair to suggest that United are overwhelming favourites here. It feels different this year because City don't seem like they have it in them to hit a 10/11 game winning streak out of 13, which is probably necessary this year. I reckon that even 8/9 wins out of 13 for us does it. Sure, we may lose it and I wouldn't quite say it was in the bag but it's fair to say that I really don't expect us to lose this title.

Anybody want to have a guessing game about where we'll get our wins? I'll do a glass half empty prediction.

10 Feb Everton H Draw
    23 Feb Queens Park Rangers A Draw (Week after RM in CL)
    02 Mar Norwich City H Win
    09 Mar West Ham A Draw (Week after RM in CL)
    16 Mar Reading H Win
    30 Mar Sunderland A Win
    06 Apr Manchester City H Loss
    13 Apr Stoke City A Draw
    20 Apr Aston Villa H Win
    27 Apr Arsenal A Draw
    04 May Chelsea H Loss
    12 May Swansea City H Win
    19 May West Bromwich Albion A Win

That there would give us 85 points, despite the fact that we have shown no indication that we would draw that many matches. 85 points will probably win it this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Either way, I can't wait. Ties like this against Real are the reason the club exists. The second leg at OT should be an occasion to cherish.

Sorted for tier 2 stretty on Sunday so looking forward to that too. Should be an emotional atmosphere

Couldn't agree more, got 2 tickets, both at 399 quid a pop but they included 2 rooms in a Manchester hotel for the night, very pricey but as I only asked for them 2 weeks ago with such late notice and it being a once in a decade opp i said **** it, sadly no-one I knew would fork out 400 quid and I had to pass, devastated is not the word :(

which is understandable because when you add in flights and spending I suppose it would come to 700 for a match, still worth it haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I don't think it's that unfair to suggest that United are overwhelming favourites here. It feels different this year because City don't seem like they have it in them to hit a 10/11 game winning streak out of 13, which is probably necessary this year. I reckon that even 8/9 wins out of 13 for us does it. Sure, we may lose it and I wouldn't quite say it was in the bag but it's fair to say that I really don't expect us to lose this title.

Anybody want to have a guessing game about where we'll get our wins? I'll do a glass half empty prediction.

10 Feb Everton H Draw
    23 Feb Queens Park Rangers A Draw (Week after RM in CL)
    02 Mar Norwich City H Win
    09 Mar West Ham A Draw (Week after RM in CL)
    16 Mar Reading H Win
    30 Mar Sunderland A Win
    06 Apr Manchester City H Loss
    13 Apr Stoke City A Draw
    20 Apr Aston Villa H Win
    27 Apr Arsenal A Draw
    04 May Chelsea H Loss
    12 May Swansea City H Win
    19 May West Bromwich Albion A Win

That there would give us 85 points, despite the fact that we have shown no indication that we would draw that many matches. 85 points will probably win it this year.

And that is with you being very pessimistic with some of those results as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

cambo2008 wrote: »
    They're obvious favourites but I think they will be fearing the thoughts of facing an in form RvP and Rooney as much as we are fearing Ronaldo.
    Some people are giving us no chance, which is wrong.

Obvious favourites?

I don't think so. I'd be surprised if United don't go through. Sit back, let Madrid have the ball, sit deep, pressurise and hit on the counter.

It is what Betis, Sevilla, Osasuna, Valencia, Getafe, Granada and Malaga did with great success this season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

dfx- wrote: »
    Obvious favourites?

I don't think so. I'd be surprised if United don't go through. Sit back, let Madrid have the ball, sit deep, pressurise and hit on the counter.

It is what Betis, Sevilla, Osasuna, Valencia, Getafe, Granada and Malaga did with great success this season..

And, IMO, what SAF usually does when United are under the kosh or playing big games against very talented attacking opposition, like Madrid. The leg in the Bernebeu will be all about whether or not Madrid can break us down, and how clinical we are on the break. I doubt the home leg will be much different, TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Obvious favourites?

Yeah, read an article elsewhere (cant remember where) in which the author went into great detail to say that teams seem to have Jose and RM figured out in La Liga this season.

But this is still Real Madrid v Manchester United - This is one of the biggest games possible in european football and tbh, Real have got to be considered favourites. Maybe slight, but favourites nonetheless.

I believe that there is no way that United could be considered such strong favourites so as to say anyone would be surprised if they didn't go through.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Yeah, read an article elsewhere (cant remember where) in which the author went into great detail to say that teams seem to have Jose and RM figured out in La Liga this season.

But this is still Real Madrid v Manchester United - This is one of the biggest games possible in european football and tbh, Real have got to be considered favourites. Maybe slight, but favourites nonetheless.

I believe that there is no way that United could be considered such strong favourites so as to say anyone would be surprised if they didn't go through.

United are the major underdogs here. Even the bookmakers have Real Madrid as second favourites to win the thing ouright with us behind even Munich, Dortmund and Juve.

I actually don't fancy us against them over two legs. Maybe in a one leg match we could coldclock them but I can't see our issues with shutting off for periods over 90 minutes not costing us over 180 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Obvious favourites?

Problem with United is that we look very dodgy when we sit back (or get pushed back which has happened a lot lately).

Everyone needs to be 100% on their game over the 2 legs,stupid mistakes & lack of concentration will be punished.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just noticed De Gea is available as this weeks in-form goalkeeper on Fifa Ultimate Team.

They know what's up :P

• Advertisement

TEARS

As the tears fell like the snow that day
    The realization would not go away
    That this tragic loss of life was here to stay
    And everywhere the people prayed,young men lost in there prime

There talent there lives lost to the soil
    From Edwards to Bent from Taylor to Curry
    As the snow on the runway melted away
    As the sun rose up over Munich the next day

From Old Trafford to Anfield from Highbury to the Dell
    These young mens lives were celebrated well
    There were chants and cheers and well wishes from all
    And as there names sung out they glistened tall

They may be gone but not forgotten there legend lives on for all
    When the snow falls now that glisten you see is the celebration
    Of there talent we had seen,As we sit in the stands Remember 58
    when these young men fell so be thankfull and be well.

From true Lfc supporters to true Mufc supporters

Nice touch there,goes to show there's some decent supporters out there.

Anybody else not really care what opposition fans have to say about Munich, good or bad? It just doesn't seem relevant to me and all seems a bit forced and weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Julez

Anybody else not really care what opposition fans have to say about Munich, good or bad? It just doesn't seem relevant to me and all seems a bit forced and weird.

I've often thought this. It's obviously a tragedy, and a sad loss of life, but this is something that happened to players I never knew when I wasn't alive. I don't get how people seem to be so emotional about it. I have a great respect for it, but its not something that effects me emotionally really.

I think lots of fans put on the emotion because they think that's how "real fans" should feel.

Again, don't mistake respect and emotion. I'd never condone anything disrespectful to do with this or the likes of Hillsborough; there are people still alive who went through these events and lost loved ones, and I'm sure if something like this happened in present day it would effect me a lot more.

The ones who show proper respect are grand,they acknowledge the fact that the game lost some of the best players ever to grace a football pitch,nothing wrong with that.
    The knuckledraggers who do airplane signs are just scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well I would rather if they did not sing them, but I have said few times that actions speak louder then words.

Most who sing these songs are not so bravo one on one.

I have been attacked by Neo Nazis and seen dads with their kids been jumped on so trust me say sing songs all you want if it means nobody is hurt physically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Julez wrote: »
    I've often thought this. It's obviously a tragedy, and a sad loss of life, but this is something that happened to players I never knew when I wasn't alive. I don't get how people seem to be so emotional about it. I have a great respect for it, but its not something that effects me emotionally really.

I think lots of fans put on the emotion because they think that's how "real fans" should feel.

Again, don't mistake respect and emotion. I'd never condone anything disrespectful to do with this or the likes of Hillsborough; there are people still alive who went through these events and lost loved ones, and I'm sure if something like this happened in present day it would effect me a lot more.

Well said.

I've found Facebook, Twitter, forums etc. a slight vomit fest the past few days.

People who every other day of the year are full of the "scum" type comments are suddenly holier than thou making profound comments about the Munich disaster prefixed with "as a [insert club name] fan...". The same is evident for Hillsborough or other anniversaries I should add.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Well said.

I've found Facebook, Twitter, forums etc. a slight vomit fest the past few days.

People who every other day of the year are full of the "scum" type comments are suddenly holier than thou making profound comments about the Munich disaster prefixed with "as a [insert club name] fan...". The same is evident for Hillsborough or other anniversaries I should add.

Yeah I agree. Like its nice to see the rivalry craic put aside etc however the social media is plastered with
    "LFC RESPECT LAD" (liverpool fan saying something RIP about munich)
    The fact is people shouldn't be receiving lavish praise for NOT saying something horrible about a plane crash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Julez wrote: »

No its mainly becuase people are empathetic. I wouldn't call it cold but there is a red flag when people can't even draw an emotion from a tragedy. I certainly wouldn't be giving responses of that ilk in a psychiatric evalution!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,455 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

No its mainly becuase people are empathetic. I wouldn't call it cold but there is a red flag when people can't even draw an emotion from a tragedy. I certainly wouldn't be giving responses of that ilk in a psychiatric evalution!

It's a tragedy that didn't really effect me though. It's obviously remembered more than your regular plane crash but my reaction to a regular news story about many dead/injured in a plane crash would be "ah that's terrible" and then get on with the day. Obviously the story afterwards is pretty inspirational too but you hear these stories everyday too and think "ah that's great" and get on with the day. I wasn't alive at the time or related to anyone on the plane and have noticed a lot of cheesy pointscoring by people seemingly putting up posts both here and on Facebook trying to get likes and look like a proper football fan or something. Obviously people are free to do what they will, just like I'm free to call it cheesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Its refreshing to see the honesty from Some UTD fans above when talking about Munich this way.

The comments are very relevant but its like any tragedy, you realise how much it meant and still means to some people of that generation such as Sir Bobby so you show respect but you cant be forced to feel anything, it either happens or it doesn't and for a lot of us it was before our time.

I do cringe a little when I see some young Utd supporters gush a little too much about it but you have to remember they are doing what they think is the right thing so you can't really fault them.

Respecting the minutes silence, or letting those from that generation have their say is enough imo. I would not be one to bring it up and iirc it has never come up in my circle of friends who are mostly Utd supporters until the date rolls around and the press also start to pay tribute.

There is a flip side though. You can grow to care about an event by researching and studying it a bit, kind of like crying at a movie or something, you don't know these people and why should you care? (i'm talking about the movie not Munich) but I remeber watching a documentary called Black September about the hostage taking at the 1972 Olympics, held in Munich ironically enough, which lead me to read a couple of books about the athletes, their families and the events and it meant more to me afterwards and I recommended the film and books to some friends and co-workers. So some Utd fans may have taken more time than the average fan than to learn about the events and the families of the victims and I guess it may mean more to them. Have they earned the right for it to mean more? Hard to say as its emotions we are dealing with and we are all different. I may delve into it more someday but it hasn't appealed to me as yet.

It may sound weird to hear this from A UTD fan but Hillsborough always made me more emotional than Munich. I remember watching MOTD that night with my father and him trying to explain it to me. Just because you are a UTD fan you don't have an obligation for it to mean something but you do have an obligation to be respectful. Heck I read a book a couple of months back that really got to me about a Russian sub crew who perished in WWII and the American US divers who risked their lives diving to the sunken sub to recover artifacts and have the crews story told. Its uncontrollable what you will take to or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

R.I.P nANI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

A good book on the subject is The Lost Babes. Goes into the disaster and the aftermath and later how some of the victims were shabbily treated by the club.

Things like the Munich Olympics or 9/11 are different though imo. There is someone to blame in those situations and they are things that make me angry. The air disaster was an act of (insert deity here) that there is no real blame for, it's not something that can really be applied to any future event, it's just a bad thing that happened once with no long reaching political fallout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I see what a lot of you are saying about Munich and the apparent gushing of some on here and elsewhere. And a few good points have definitely been made.

That said, I can understand how some fans would feel emotional when discussing or remembering it. I'm 35, a fan since 81, and my first visit to OT was in 1991 - The first memory I have of Old Trafford is of getting a picture taken under the Munich Clock. My uncle (a season ticket holder for donkeys years) lived in Greater Manchester from the mid-fifties until he died in 2000 or 2001, and I always recall his stories of what it was actually like to be in Manchester in '58, as well as many other stories of course.
    Some people would obviously have a more emotional or a closer attachment to Munich than others.

Now I like to respect the annniversary when it rolls round, I was in Manchester in 2008, and you could feel the emotion around the city, but I have to agree with Your Airbag in saying that Hillsborough would have affected me more (personally) than any other - i remember sitting watching that game (think it was on RTE2) at a very innocent 12 years old and just being confused about what i was watching - I didnt really understand it, but it was obvious that people were hurt, crying etc.
    My brother lived in Slough at the time, and is a big big Liverpool fan - he travelled to Anfield in the days afterwards, and it really hit him hard - I didnt realise it at the time, but even still talking to him now, it's still obvious that it still upsets him.

Some people react in different ways to different events - but as long as people are respectful about what's being discussed or remembered or commemorated, then I have no problem with anyone posting anything about Munich. Or anything else.

:)

Liam O wrote: »
    Things like the Munich Olympics or 9/11 are different though imo. There is someone to blame in those situations and they are things that make me angry. The air disaster was an act of (insert deity here) that there is no real blame for, it's not something that can really be applied to any future event, it's just a bad thing that happened once with no long reaching political fallout.

Agreed but the point I was trying and failed to get accross was that as a UTD fan I didn't get drawn towards the Munich air disaster as much as I thought would but other events or books that I have less connection to and with no political terrorist group involved have meant more. I don't know why they just have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What's as annoying as the fake fans on Facebook are the people giving out about them. You're both the complete extreme ends of the scale. Anybody who doesn't feel any emotion about any disaster needs seeing too. The height of emotion it draws out of me is brief sadness. To draw no emotion is callous.

Also it shows the softer side to football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Nolars wrote: »
    R.I.P nANI

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Well lads, do ye reckon its worth putting on a cheeky tenner at 4/1 to beat Madrid away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Well lads, do ye reckon its worth putting on a cheeky tenner at 4/1 to beat Madrid away?

noooooo! never bet on the team you support have you never heard of jinxing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

11/4 DNB is good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

dahat wrote: »

11/4 DNB is good value

Good spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

11/4 DNB is good value

That's 7/2 in Coral. Either way its far better value just to lay Madrid at 4/6 and get the draw onside. Or even if you had a betfair account, you could lay Madrid and back United by differing amounts so it works out as a DNB at far better prices. Those DNB are robbery most of the time, although that 7/2 looks about fair

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    That's 7/2 in Coral. Either way its far better value just to lay Madrid at 4/6 and get the draw onside. Or even if you had a betfair account, you could lay Madrid and back United by differing amounts so it works out as a DNB at far better prices. Those DNB are robbery most of the time, although that 7/2 looks about fair

5/10 EURO punter here,i dont really get into the finer details,i just lash a few euro through PP mostly...

I see your logic though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

was just on teamtalk and they have a poll this morning on the best defender in the premier league era. cant see a united one winning them as there are 5 former united players in the list and so the vote will be dispersed across them.

Paul McGrath, Steve Bruce, Tony Adams, Sol Campbell, Jaap Stam, Rio Ferdinand, Jamie Carragher, Ledley King, John Terry and Nemanja Vidic

i went for vidic myself but i was torn between him and Stam. not to say bruce, mcGrath and Rio didnt deserve a vote though mcGrath was not at united in the premier league but he is irish and a lovely man i have met him twice

Nice to see City opposed the new FFP ruling,are they scared it will affect how much their owners can bankroll them as they make massive losses?

Imagine if FFP had been introduced a couple of years ago,they certainly wouldn't have been winning the title.
    Premier League clubs will face a points deduction if they breach new spending controls, chief executive Richard Scudamore has confirmed.

The 20 club chairmen agreed to two significant controls on Thursday - to limit players' wage bills from next season and to longer-term measures that will restrict the amount of losses clubs can make to £105million over three years.

Clubs whose total wage bill is more than £52m will only be allowed to increase their wages by £4m per season for the next three years, but the cap does not cover extra money coming in from increases in commercial or matchday income.

Scudamore said: "As all things in our rulebook you will subject to a disciplinary commission.

"The clubs understand that if people break the £105m we will look for the top-end ultimate sanction range - a points deduction.

"Normally we stay silent on sanctions as the commission has a free range but clearly if there is a material breach of that rule we will be asking the commission to consider top-end sanctions."

Scudamore said there would be an "absolute prohibition" on clubs reporting losses of more than £105m over the next three years with the first sanctions possible in 2016.

Of the 20 clubs in the top flight, only Manchester City,Chelsea and Liverpool have reported losses of more than £105m over the last three years, according to the most up-to-date published accounts.

Scudamore said that the measures would mean it will take longer for benefactor owners to achieve success, but that it would still be possible.

He said: "The balance we have tried to strike is that a new owner can still invest a decent amount of money to improve their club but they are not going to be throwing hundreds and hundreds of millions in a very short period of time.

"While it has worked for a couple of clubs in the last 10 years, and I am not critical of that, if that's going to be done in the future it's going to have to be over a slightly longer term without the huge losses being made.

"I think at £105m you can still build a very decent club with substantial owner funding but you have to do it over time, you can't do it in a season."

Chelsea won the Premier League two years after Roman Abramovich's takeover, and Manchester City's title success came three years after Sheikh Mansour's takeover.

Any club making any loss of over £5m a year will have guarantee those losses against the owner's assets.

"In some ways that's the most significant part; this is a three-year rolling system of secure funding - it's one year at the moment," added Scudamore.

The ceiling when the wage increase restrictions kick in will be £52m next season, £56m the following year and £60m in 2015-16. Only seven of the current top-flight clubs would be under that ceiling at the moment.

At least after seasons of worrying how our debt might cripple the club,we can look forward to a brighter future as huge & ever growing numbers of sponsorship deals rake in the cash.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

They'll find a way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

the united team i think sir alex will pick against Real Madrid
    GK De Gea
    RB Rafael CB Ferdinad CB Vidic LB Evra
    RM Valencia CM Jones CM Carrick CM Cleverly LM Rooney
    ST Van Persie

wadacrack wrote: »
    GK De Gea
    ST Van Persie

I personally hope Valencia doesn't play,his form is woeful just now.Also Jones is injured,doubt he will make the first leg

I personally hope Valencia doesn't play,his form is woeful just now.Also Jones is injured,doubt he will make the first leg
    Yeah Valencia form has been very poor. I think it will between val and welbeck but the other positions im confident sir alex will pick. Jones is fit according to todays press conference. I see Real winning 3-1

I also hope Valencia isn't going to play but he probably will. I can see Smalling starting at right back, with Giggs and Jones starting alongside Carrick in a five-man midfield.

*cringe*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah Valencia form has been very poor. I think it will between val and welbeck but the other positions im confident sir alex will pick. Jones is fit according to todays press conference. I see Real winning 3-1

I don't think Fergie said fit but that Jones' illness isn't as bad as Pearce made out.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I don't think Fergie said fit but that Jones' illness isn't as bad as Pearce made out.

2gy68va.png

I'm sure he'll be fine! :p

From the photoshop thread in YLYL.

5544508277_7torres_miss.jpg

Soldie wrote: »
    I also hope Valencia isn't going to play but he probably will. I can see Smalling starting at right back, with Giggs and Jones starting alongside Carrick in a five-man midfield.

*cringe*

On Valencia and another point about coach Rene Meulensteen. RVP praised him during the week for his coaching work
    He is truly one of the best coaches in the world.
    We’ve won a lot of games by the odd goal and they are point winners, which we train for. For instance, against Chelsea I scored after a low cross from Antonio Valencia on the right. It might seem a fluke but the whole week before the game was spent working on that move.

It seems to be something they work on for the big games as if the big teams will be expecting high crosses for a striker to head and instead they send in daisy cutters.

Valencia has done well in our two big away games (City and Chelsea). He assisted RVP's goal away to Chelsea with a low cross and he linked up with Raf out wide away to City who went on to send in a low cross for Rooney to make it two nil. On both occasions our strikers advanced towards goal and then checked their runs and held back for the low cross as the defenders continued towards goal for a defensive header.

Val is good at this. I would not be disappointed to see him and this tactic away to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

GK De Gea
    ST Van Persie

To beat Madrid we are going to need to play counter attacking football and Valencia slows down to many counter attacks. Would much prefer to see Nani play. Also would like to see Anderson in the team he is the only cm who can drive at them with the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Does anybody know of a good place to watch the madrid game in london?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

mooeire wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a good place to watch the madrid game in london?

Shouldn't be hard to find a place showing united in London, it's where all the fans live.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Shouldn't be hard to find a place showing united in London, it's where all the fans live.

:pac:
    chuckle chuckle

magnumbud wrote: »
    was just on teamtalk and they have a poll this morning on the best defender in the premier league era. cant see a united one winning them as there are 5 former united players in the list and so the vote will be dispersed across them.

Paul McGrath, Steve Bruce, Tony Adams, Sol Campbell, Jaap Stam, Rio Ferdinand, Jamie Carragher, Ledley King, John Terry and Nemanja Vidic

i went for vidic myself but i was torn between him and Stam. not to say bruce, mcGrath and Rio didnt deserve a vote though mcGrath was not at united in the premier league but he is irish and a lovely man i have met him twice
    I'd put my house on carragher winning that tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Liam O wrote: »
    I'd put my house on carragher winning that tbh...

Me too. I remember one summer where sky ran a poll for best player of each position. Reina won goalie, carragher defender, Gerrard midfielder and Torres forward. Nicely in keeping with the scouse boom bust cycle

Nuts102 wrote: »
    To beat Madrid we are going to need to play counter attacking football and Valencia slows down to many counter attacks. Would much prefer to see Nani play. Also would like to see Anderson in the team he is the only cm who can drive at them with the ball.
    Yeah i would like to see nani and anderson start but i dont think sir alex will do this. At old trafford it will be a different story. Id prefer real to start pepe instead of varane. Pepe may have more experience but he can lose his head.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement