Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Southampton really puncheon above their weight here. Grab my coat too Timmyctc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

So if Fergie does do the irritatingly unthinkable and stupid, and make god damned whole sale changes between Everton and Real, what you reckon the teams will be?

I'm saying:

Everton

Lindegaard
    Smalling---Ferdinand--Evans---Buttner
    Valencia
    Anderson---Carrick---Nani
    Welbeck--Hernandez

Real Madrid

De Gea
    Rafael
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra
    Valencia-Cleverley-Carrick-Kagawa-Rooney
    Van Persie

Can't think of how to replace Valencia and Carrick - I personally don't think we'll be seeing Jones or Young in the short, for either Everton/Madrid game anyway.

Also don't think we'll get a result with that team vs Everton.

That would be the team I'd like against RM, with Nani replacing Valencia. Can't see Valencia deciding to shake out of is slump against Real Madrid but Nani is always likely to come good when you least expect it.

If City don't get a win here then you can guarantee Fergie will put out one of the most experimental league sides we'll ever see tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

C'mon The Saints!

X2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

2-0 get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

hart/ddg/press comments coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Southampton you beauties!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Shocker from Joe Hart. Tbf commentators pointing out its an absolute howler too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So if Fergie does do the irritatingly unthinkable and stupid, and make god damned whole sale changes between Everton and Real, what you reckon the teams will be?

I'm saying:

Everton

Lindegaard
    Smalling---Ferdinand--Evans---Buttner
    Valencia
    Anderson---Carrick---Nani
    Welbeck--Hernandez

Real Madrid

De Gea
    Rafael
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra
    Valencia-Cleverley-Carrick-Kagawa-Rooney
    Van Persie

Can't think of how to replace Valencia and Carrick - I personally don't think we'll be seeing Jones or Young in the short, for either Everton/Madrid game anyway.

Also don't think we'll get a result with that team vs Everton.

I'm not sure we will see such wholesale changes. I would expect to see Evra, Raf, Rooney and DDG play both matches.

Rooney hasn't had as much game time this season as he normally does and given his current form he is almost undroppable at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That would be the team I'd like against RM, with Nani replacing Valencia. Can't see Valencia deciding to shake out of is slump against Real Madrid but Nani is always likely to come good when you least expect it.

If City don't get a win here then you can guarantee Fergie will put out one of the most experimental league sides we'll ever see tomorrow.

I would go with Valencia over Nani too - but Fergie will go with Valencia in the belief his workrate and defensive ability will be of aid to us against Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Still take draw even now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

Still feel city will come back. Southampton have lost 24 points from winning positions. Hope I'm wrong!

I'm not sure we will see such wholesale changes. I would expect to see Evra, Raf, Rooney and DDG play both matches.

Rooney hasn't had as much game time this season as he normally does and given his current form he is almost undroppable at the moment.

Personally, I wouldnt make wholesale changes either, but Fergie is talking like he will do.

FCUKING HELL! STOP JINXING IT! I DEMAND NO MENTION OF CITY TIL AFTER THE GAME! AARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Shocker from Joe Hart. Tbf commentators pointing out its an absolute howler too.

No other way to describe it really.

FCUKING HELL! STOP JINXING IT! I DEMAND NO MENTION OF CITY TIL AFTER THE GAME! AARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH

Title in the bag boys. HAmmer Real on Wednesday now and we are laughing all the way to the treble

• Advertisement

This is our year

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Title in the bag boys. HAmmer Real on Wednesday now and we are laughing all the way to the treble

I hate you.

I hate you.

I HATE YOU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I thought Soton would do well, just not this well. They played very well against us at OT.

Come on the Saints!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

So close to a third there.

You don't seriously believe in that jinxing nonsense do you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

balls

I hate you.

I hate you.

I HATE YOU.

I take full responsibility. I apologise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

You don't seriously believe in that jinxing nonsense do you?

Hes the son Pat Sr. never had in Silver Linings Playbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Put a few Euro on City best case scenario they drop some points worst case i get a few Euro

:)

3 - 1 game over :)

Now that was hilarious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Israel_Dagg

gwaannnnnnnn sdmdefnewkjnfkjfkewnkjewk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

With a finish that composed Barry better hope he's not investigated for match-fixing!

Some fantastic possession play from Southampton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I'll take that, thank you Southampton, now to get a result tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Imo United lost the title last season in the home game with Everton. What an opportunity to make amends for that tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My worry now is, with the Real game midweek, Fergie sees this as an excuse to play a weaker team and rest some people. "Sure, even if we lose to Everton, City still lost today and we still have a nine point lead".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Get the fuck in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zerks wrote: »
    It'd be some boost going into Sunday's game if Southampton did a number on City,the way they played against us gives me hope that they could pull something out of the bag.

And they did:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

F**king come on! No letting up now United, we'd better make this count against Everton as our final 4 or 5 games are pretty tough.

My worry now is, with the Real game midweek, Fergie sees this as an excuse to play a weaker team and rest some people. "Sure, even if we lose to Everton, City still lost today and we still have a nine point lead".

That's a logical decision, tbf. If you can't rest players now and give yourself a chance in a competition of almost equal importance to the league, when can you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

If we win tomorrow I would think the title race is over:D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Seeing his interview this morning on the bbc, there isn't a chance he will adopt that attitude.

The Southampton result may have made up his mind on the odd player he was considering resting, but there is no way he will be putting out a team he doesn't have complete confidence in getting the 3 points, and those big players who are rested will all be on the bench in case they are needed.

9 wins and a draw to be champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Think it's safe to say my Southampton supporting mate won't be putting his hand in his pocket tonight!!

Fair enough it's his 30th birthday party but I'd much rather think it was because of the Southampton result!

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    9 wins and a draw to be champions.

Out of 13, we should be expecting that lads. It will take even fewer points in reality. I reckon 85/86 will win it this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ill gladly take a draw tomorrow now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Haven't seen Mancini that animated for a long time, as time ticked on he stopped shouting and kinda just resided in defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

We are MANCHESTER UNITED.... we don't do draws :).... forget about drawing and just go out and beat them, lets try and wrap this thing up...

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Regardless of what is going on around us, we should never have this attitude at Old Trafford against anyone

Out of 13, we should be expecting that lads. It will take even fewer points in reality. I reckon 85/86 will win it this year.
    Yeah proably will take less, a home win against City is a 6 point swing.

I have to say City have been a disappointment as defending champions, easily the worst since Leeds and Blackburn in the 90s.

Its one thing winning it, its a different ball game trying to hold on to it.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I wouldn't take a draw. Posted this in the match thread:

United's next game after the Everton match is on the 23rd away to Q.P.R. City play the next day against Chelsea at home.

If United win the next two games they will be 15 points clear before City play Chelsea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The idea that we could be 15 points clear....Jesus....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Mancini reckons City have a 10% chance of winning the title.

We should field our strongest team tomorrow now, the players should be as pumped up as us supporters after that result and they should be all asking Fergie to start them in tomorrows game and against Madrid. After probably losing the league in this game last year we need to show our strength and put some daylight between us and City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Regardless of what is going on around us, we should never have this attitude at Old Trafford against anyone

given the fact that it we will rest players, we play Madrid on Wednesday, tomorrow is against a team who have given United and City trouble galore over the past 2 years, a draw wont be a bad result.

a draw against Everton tomorrow would be a decent result.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement