Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anarchy Reigns get release date and price

• 01-06-2012 1:58pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Sega have changed the date of Anarchy Reigns Western release from a July release to TBC in the West. This is despite the game being completed and fully localised in English since the Japanese version includes an English language option. Sega are being very coy about it but no doubt it's because of their new restructuring plans. They even went so far as to mention that the game is available in English from Japan, which sounds to me like a hint to import it. Not looking good for a Western release and I can't really afford the 80-90 euro price of a new japanese game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭megaten

It never looked that interesting to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I must try the demo on the Japan PSN (or ****ing SEN or whatever - I refuse to refer to anything other than Spirited Away's protagonist as Sen). I agree that the publicity material and central - heavily online - concept never entirely convinced me.

That said, it is Platinum, and I'd play it at least out of curiosity. It could, should be great, even if it has a few things going against it. I can kind of understand Sega's reluctance to bring it over here - it's a hard sell, no doubt about it, especially given the financial woes. Still, since it is importable (perhaps on purpose?) it's not quite the end of the world, expense aside. Wait see what the feedback is like, I guess. If it's great it will be worth it. If it's only decent or bad, then no big loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

:(

I agree that it didn't look overly brilliant but I'd damn well give Platinum the benefit of the doubt.

This is why I try not to pay attention to publicity information, I just end up getting hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I can't really afford the 80-90 euro price of a new japanese game.
    Importing from Japan this generation is a joke. Most new releases are about 6500YEN in Japan which is about €59, where the importers are getting extra €20 from I don't know.

I imported a lot of GC, PS2, DS, GBA etc. games back in the day and usually got them cheaper than here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

penev10 wrote: »
    Importing from Japan this generation is a joke. Most new releases are about 6500YEN in Japan which is about €59, where the importers are getting extra €20 from I don't know.

prof·it/ˈpräfit/
    Noun:
    A financial gain, esp. the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.

• Advertisement

prof·it/ˈpräfit/
    Noun:
    A financial gain, esp. the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.
    :D

That would suggest they are buying their stock for RRP, no?

Although the gap between Cost Price and RRP is almost nil in Ireland so maybe JAP retailers are the same.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

In fairness, Japanese games are a rip-off in physical stores too. You'd be lucky to get a new release for less than 7000-8000 yen anywhere (portable games are a smidge cheaper). Bargain bins tend to be limited, and you'll get only the most minor of price differences from store to store. If you want bargain hunting, you'll have to stick to the used and retro shops. New games are almost all the same price everywhere you go.

In fairness, Japanese games are a rip-off in physical stores too. You'd be lucky to get a new release for less than 7000-8000 yen anywhere (portable games are a smidge cheaper). Bargain bins tend to be limited, and you'll get only the most minor of price differences from store to store. If you want bargain hunting, you'll have to stick to the used and retro shops. New games are almost all the same price everywhere you go.

I was in Japan in April and most of the games I saw were around 6500. Portable games were about 5500. I got Gundam Unicorn UC for the PS3 for around 5000 and it only came out in March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

The demo is solid no doubt bout that, i played loads of games yesterday and its great fun , the game is still coming out this year , no need to worry bout that , only thing im cautious about is bayonetta is japan only if you pre order, i know for a fact bayonetta not making it to the store as dlc in the west and thats going to suck balls hard :(.that all being said i reckon it be out september to october this year

penev10 wrote: »
    I was in Japan in April and most of the games I saw were around 6500. Portable games were about 5500. I got Gundam Unicorn UC for the PS3 for around 5000 and it only came out in March!

It's been a year or so since I was over, but I seem to recall a lot were in the 7000s. Especially the Cave stuff. Portables were 4500-5500 alright. They do tend to have fairly sudden discounts on one or two big games (I recall FFXIII was available for peanuts soon after release - and with good cause) but I always found bargain hunting a very, very frustrating experience. You'd never make more than a few hundred yen saving. Online is definitely more expensive again.

One way or the other, they are crazy expensive :P

• Advertisement

Just spent the last hour and a half getting to grips with the demo for this an I'm impressed :)

Combat, as it damn well should be given the Platinum logo, is weighty and visceral. Every hit packs a discernible reaction, which sadly cannot be said of most games these days. Against grunts, you're brilliantly overpowered, carving them to (blue, for some reason) shreds. Larger enemies are frantic battles as you utilise your tool set to get silly combos. Initial impressions suggest notable differences between each of the characters' playstyles, with unique strengths and weaknesses.

Overall, it's like a mashup between Smash Bros., Mad World, Bayonetta and Yakuza: all through a team deathmatch arena structure. Even a bit of Tekken and Street Fighter in there. Good company to be keeping, and it's certainly the most unique and unusual TDM experience I've had in a while. Best bit are regular 'gamechangers' that occur during any given boss battle or online match. Whether this is the arrival of stealth bombers, hijackable blackhawk helicopters, black (actually purple) holes, poisoned air or a countdown to a catastrophic WMD (you sure as hell don't want to be outside when that goes off).

Only problem is I had no idea what the **** was going on for a few matches in TDM :pac: The tutorial is easy to make out despite the kanji, and most of it is self-explanatory, but actually inflicting damage against human opponents is a challenge. I look forward to more practice, and the temptation to import is high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

It's a shame that we have to wait so long, especially since the game is already localised in English, but hey...plenty of room to give the game the hype it deserves.

Cause sega of america dont know what they are doing , thats why mike hayes Is leaving sega soon , unfortunately sega europe have to go with sega america , word from platnium is that sega reckon pushing 2013 be good for the game though from i can think of nothing coming out this year other than hitman that would trouble anarchy sales.. Platnium have a right to be upset they want everyone playing together but SOA says otherwise ...
    :mad:

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/anarchy_reigns/news/anarchy_reigns_flops_in_japan.html

Ouch , anarchy regins is selling really poor in japan , what does that say over here :(

I suppose japan are all playing pokemon so hopefully this game bounces back on its feet

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/10/19/anarchy-reigns-finally-has-a-western-release-date-and-gets-a-low-price/

price will be at 30 euros and be out january 11th

better get bayonetta with it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would have bought it at full price. At 30 euros it's a bargain. Definitely makes up for the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Would have bought it at full price. At 30 euros it's a bargain. Definitely makes up for the delay.

Oh dont worry, Im sure Gamestop and the usual crowd will be guaranteeing your paying full price :rolleyes:

Also out 2 days before my birthday, hrm interesting :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pfft, you think I bother buying from bricks and mortar stores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Totally forgot about this! This will give me a reason to play my PS3 again :D

Pfft, you think I bother buying from bricks and mortar stores?
    At least I'll actually own the game and not just some glorified rental.

At least I'll actually own the game and not just some glorified rental.

Ever hear of Amazon? I buy online to save money, buying digital is even worse than buying bricks and mortar.

Ever hear of Amazon? I buy online to save money, buying digital is even worse than buying bricks and mortar.
    Ahhh. Never mind. Move along.

Ya know how much i love sega

This much

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<3

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/377533/anarchy-reigns-day-one-edition-announced/

Limited edition , bayonetta and two extra mulitplayer modes

sega number 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Aw, I thought Bayonetta was in it regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

posted in the gaming bargains thread but worth reposting here, gamestop.ie are selling preorderes of limited ed for 24.95 http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=anarchy+reigns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

calex71 wrote: »
    posted in the gaming bargains thread but worth reposting here, gamestop.ie are selling preorderes of limited ed for 24.95 http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?q=anarchy+reigns

Wow very nice. The game is 40 odd euro on amazon. Ill take that thank you very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wow very nice. The game is 40 odd euro on amazon. Ill take that thank you very much

Yup I snapped it up, listed as £37.99 on amazon , not a mistake either on gamestops part as it was on their facebook page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Shopto have it for both platforms for £17.86.

Can't ****ing wait for this game :pac:

Advertisement