Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anarchy Reigns get release date and price

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Quick question. I'm not complaining about it, but anyone know why Anarchy Reigns is so cheap? I know it's convinced me to buy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sega have no confidence it will sell so are releasing it at a budget price.

Seems tobe working with the very reasonably priced sonic racing.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sega have no confidence it will sell so are releasing it at a budget price.

Seems tobe working with the very reasonably priced sonic racing.

Yep it worked for me. Will preorder this along with Hyrule Historia

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The game has already had a fairly middling reception from reviewers and Japanese gamers, too, which will only further damage its commercial viability. Going by the demo there's a lot of interesting ideas at play and should be worthy of some attention, but it's also evident this is not on the same quality level as Bayonetta.

• Advertisement

Was just reading the Inbox over at Metro's site
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/04/games-inbox-metal-gear-rising-hopes-anarchy-reigns-opponents-and-mass-effect-trilogy-3338641/

And it seems some people have their copy of the game already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

9/10 from Eurogamer.

Looks like one of the higher reviews but still pretty stoked for this.

I ordered it with Hyrule Historia so will be waiting until the end of January for it since they'll be shipped together and Historia isn't out til then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Sh1te, I didn't relise it was out this soon. Really wanted to pre-order this and get Bayonetta.

deathrider wrote: »
    Sh1te, I didn't relise it was out this soon. Really wanted to pre-order this and get Bayonetta.
    So do? :)

There are still pre-order / Limited Edition copies available from most online retailers.

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    So do? :)

There are still pre-order / Limited Edition copies available from most online retailers.

True as this may be, I won't have the cash for it that soon, unfortunately. I thought it was out in the later half of the month.

I'd say the limited edition will be easily available anyway like a lot of Limited editions. Like with Alice Madness Returns, I think the included copy of the original game was meant as limited.

I'd say it'd be a different story if the extra content was just limited to a specific retailer.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say the limited edition will be easily available anyway like a lot of Limited editions. Like with Alice Madness Returns, I think the included copy of the original game was meant as limited.

I'd say it'd be a different story if the extra content was just limited to a specific retailer.

Madness Returns had a code for the original as long as you bought it first hand. It wasn't a special or limited edition though. Bit of a cop out on that one, however, as there were achievements linked to the original.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyways, hopefully I'll still be able to get a copy of this after release.

deathrider wrote: »
    Madness Returns had a code for the original as long as you bought it first hand. It wasn't a special or limited edition though. Bit of a cop out on that one, however, as there were achievements linked to the original.

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyways, hopefully I'll still be able to get a copy of this after release.

Okay, maybe Dead Space 2 Limited edition is a better example which had the code for Extraction. Advertised as Limited Edition but I got it long after it came out. :)

Actually, do we know if Bayonetta is a code or if comes on the disc without unlocking?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Okay, maybe Dead Space 2 Limited edition is a better example which had the code for Extraction. Advertised as Limited Edition but I got it long after it came out. :)

Actually, do we know if Bayonetta is a code or if comes on the disc without unlocking?
    It'll be a code...which the guys in US have already had trouble with. :o

Well got a mail from Amazon last night to say my copy had been dispatched. So may have it on Monday.

Anyone picking it up today?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

I'll defo grab it after work. So stoked for this ever since I've watched the devs duking it out on a large map.

Gigantic buzzsaws, krakens and tornados threatening you during visceral combat on huge maps ? Yes please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Game arrived today from Gamestop this morning.....yeah. Have yet to play it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As expected the limited edition isn't so limited after all. Picked up a copy in Smyths just there for 24.99, and GameStop were offering it too (at a five euro premium, because they're GameStop). I think like Sonic Racing recently you'd struggle to find a copy that isn't limited... At least during its first print run!

I look forward to giving it a whirl promptly.

Gamestop in Stephen's Green/Dublin got 6 copies total, 3 for each platform (including preorders). Six. Sega's putting so much faith in this game that it's touching. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

philemon wrote: »
    Gamestop in Stephen's Green/Dublin got 6 copies total, 3 for each platform (including preorders). Six. Sega's putting so much faith in this game that it's touching. :pac:

Im more than certain thats down to gamestops ordering policies and not segas distribution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Is this game like urban reign on the ps2?

Really enjoying it so far - the English tutorial definitely helps :P. The combat is just so satisfying brutal - every finishing punch just has an 'oomph' to it other games lack.

Played through the first campaign chapter taking my time, and two online matches. Got destroyed in the first, somehow dominated the second. The scoring system is bizarre, madly fluctuating all over the place as people rob kills and die by speeding trains ripping through the level. I love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

saw no copies in hmv earlier likely gone or they didn't get any, noticed that for a few of the smaller releases in recent months, lucky I pre-ordered online and it arrived today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Been playing this today. Not sure I'm too happy with it. It lacks a lot of depth single player and while some of the multiplayer is fun, the death match games tend to end up being complete chaos. I really wanted to like this game but I'm finding it very hard to. Needs more time perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Played with some guys from NeoGAF, just now. I came first in the last game, but ultimately second once the post fight points were factored in.

Going to grab this tomorrow. Had it in my hand Friday in GameStop but figured that it would be cheaper elsewhere but didn't get a chance yo check in Smyths.

Only question is do I want it on Xbox or PS3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Ordered mine online, impossible to get in shops up north at least.

Found it in Smyths, tried to buy it, guy tells me it's not out yet.

I know for a fact it was released on the 11th, this was the 13th, and they had stickers on claiming it was out on the 8th. Good jerb.

Whew, played the crap out of it over weekend and enjoyed nearly every minute. Normal mode is great for getting to grips with controls and the gist of combat, while hard (is hard :o) teaches how not to suck at it.
    Movesets are rather limited (it ain't no Bayonetta) but the subtle differences in how each character handles, killer weapons especially, make up for the variety in my opinion.

Multiplayer has too many modes though! I just hope it won't go the way of Space Marine - all are equally fun but with many many empty lobbies. Fortunately people are sending lot of invites so let's hope it'll stay the trend. Then again, I'm behind NAT so I probably don't find as many games as I should? :confused:

By the way, anyone know at which rank does Judo Master unlock ? There's a list of abilities floating around but without the relevant info on ranks.

Also, Douglas is a beast:
    1. grab two unsuspecting strangers
    2. jump instantly after and use strong KW
    3. ????
    4. profit :eek: :D

• Advertisement

How long does the single player take to complete?

Have you played MadWorld on Wii? how does it compare. Mine may be waiting for me when I get home.

Advertisement